Comic Actor Kevin James wants to 'glorify God in every way'

*He doesn’t exactly advertise it, but the “king of Queens” is a Catholic family man.

Kevin James, who played Doug Heffernan for nine seasons on the CBS sitcom and has since branched out into movies, has no problem talking about his values and how it affects his career.

“I am involved in my faith, it becomes more and more — you know, it becomes a difficult, difficult position. You have a platform and you don’t want to do anything that doesn’t glorify God in every way,” James told Catholic News Service in a telephone interview from Philadelphia.

“I can’t play a priest in every film, either. You definitely want to have a positive message. I want to be able to sit and watch my movies with my children,” added James, who is married with two daughters and one son. Having control over and writing the material, according to him, is a key to “be inspiring and (to) move people in a positive way.”*

Full article here: thecatholicspirit.com/featured/comic-actor-kevin-james-wants-to-glorify-god-in-every-way/

I didn’t follow “King of Queens”, but have seen some episodes. Found it to be a good show. Enjoyed “Mall Cop” very much, and liked him in “50 First Dates”. I’d come to trust that if he was in a film it would be a family-friendly one, now I know why.

I’ve liked Kevin James for a while – didn’t know he was a practicing Catholic, but the sensibility does come through in his work. Will definitely make sure to keep an eye out for his stuff in the future!

Oh my goodness, have you ever seen his standup routine called ‘Sweat the Small Stuff’?! It makes me laugh out loud EVERY time, and it is at least 10 years old. I seriously laugh so hard every time I watch it. He is so, SO funny, and the humor is clean too. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Learning he is a devout Catholic only makes me like him more. :thumbsup:

I remember a number of Catholic references and situations in King of Queens. I like Kevin James, and I like that his work is clean. Too often there are movies and shows that I may like but with such content that I couldn’t possibly watch them with or recommend them to my family, but thankfully, that’s not the case with his work.

According to IMDB.com, here are some of the film or television projects he is currently involved with

2013** Valet Guys** (pre-production)

2013 **Grown Ups 2 **(post-production)
Eric Lamonsoff

2012 Little Boy (post-production)
Dr. Fox

October 12, 2012 Here Comes the Boom
Scott Voss

September 20, 2012 Hotel Transylvania
Frankenstein (voice)
imdb.com/name/nm0416673/

His past work can be seen on that list as well.

I love Kevin James and Doug Heffernan - I bought the entire series of King of Queens and so happy to see this post on him.

Great find and great story. Good to hear and definitely makes me want to support someone I already liked even more!

Looking forward to checking out his other work on Netflix over the weekend. :popcorn:

Great read! Thanks for sharing :wink:
Looking forward to Here Comes the Boom.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

I loved Kevin James in “Hitch”. I especcialy liked his dancing scenes, lol.

Mr. James has appeared on The World Over.

Haha that’s my favorite part of the movie :heart:

Kevin James is amazing :slight_smile:

I have always liked Kevin James… Now I kind of understand why. He seems like a genuine nice guy:)) I hope he always stays that way and doesn’t allow hollywood to seep into him.:wink:

Check out Hitch, with Will Smith! Hilarious!

Oops! just posted for someone to watch that! I heard he has a thing in his contract that he always gets to dance in his movies. He is hilarious dancing.

Wasn’t Kevin James in a movie with Adam Sandler where they pretended to be “married” homosexuals in an insurance scam?

Yeah, it was pretty funny.

I think a guy like Mr. James is probably a little less uptight than the rest of us, such is the nature of comedians, perhaps.

EWTN World Over interviewed Kevin James.

youtube.com/watch?v=GhBDvRbbekU

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.