Coming Home

I finally registered at my local Catholic parish

After months of internal debate, wrangling with my conscience, and going over my options, and trying to come to some kind of conclusion I received a call - something I have been praying for for years.

The call was from the diocesan director of mental health services. We talked for what seemed like hours about my situation (being married to a true believing mormon in a true believing mormon family) my extensive Catholic background prior to my conversion, my long history (31 years) of Bipolar disorder, my medications, and how God was working in the midst of all this.

She suggested that I go to my local parish (coincidently across the street from the LDS church) and make an appointment to talk to the Pastor in the context of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

I felt a real sense of - not ‘the spirit’ - but that intellectually and in a real sense of, well, ‘being’, that it was the right thing to do.

So, I went to the parish and registered as a member (no conversion necessary) and made an appointment to see the parish priest next week to go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and to receive the Sacrament of Annointing of the Sick.

I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I don’t think it’s magic or anything like that, but a real sense that I’m coming home - just like it is the right thing to do.

Baby steps.

Praise be to God and welcome Home!

May the Lord guide your baby-]foot/-]steps. :smiley:

May God richly bless you on your spiritual journey!

Hey, where did that fatted calf run off to?

I would like to extend a warm welcome home! May God bless you :slight_smile:

May you be blessed in word and sacrament.

Jon

Welcome home, I’m like you in many ways. It’s wonderful to see you’re working on it. God bless and I’m praying for you.

God Bless you, welcome back.

God leaves Breadcrumbs along our path of life… sometimes were to focused looking for
Bright Neon Lights , but really there were breadcrumbs at our feet all the time…
Congratulations … follow them… God Bless… and Enjoy…

Welcome Home!!

We will be praying for you, and your family!!

Good for you. Good luck on your journey home. Prayers for you and your family.

Welcome home :hug1:

Welcome to the Church that Our King The Lord Jesus found, Good luck in your Journey, I wish you the best, in hope that the Queen of heaven hold your hand to take you to his son
the King of Kings !! I pray for you on the name Of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

oceanluvr2013.

Coming back into the fullness of Christianity!

Welcome home.

Cathoholic

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.