Common questions Muslims can´t answer:

Q1) Where is proof that Islam existed before Mohammed abandoned his pagan faith?

typical Muslim answer) Anybody that submits themselves to God is a Muslim thus a follower of Islam.

Christian and Jews want to know if they can be considered Muslims.

typical Muslim answer) No.

Q2) Are Muslims okay with how Mohammed behaved himself when he slept with a 9 year old girl.

typical Muslim answer) It was common at that time.

Q3) You believe only in a small portion of the Bible because Muslims tend to agree that the Bible has been corrupted, do you have any evidence for this assumpition whatsoever?

typical Muslim answer) let us not forget how the Christians treated others during the Crusade war, and how the west is addicted with sex, drugs, and money. Not to mention that there has been numerous scandals in the Church. I also want to point out that there are many contradictions in the Bible. The New Testament itself has been written years after Jesus walked the earth so–

but you have any proof that the Bible has actually be–

Christians can´t make up their mind wether to agree if Jesus is God or the Son of Man. If He`s God, why did He pray?

These are the only ones I can think of, more are welcome if you guys have more questions and how they have been answered by our fellower Muslim brothers and sisters. I do want to add this is not supposed to be uncharitable, I just want to point out to you guys that you guys dont give enough evidence and you answer like youre in a cult. When the question has been directly asked, you always IGNORE the subject and chance it. Its embarrasing really, if Islam is the truth then answer our questions. And Its like everything circulates around Mohammed, if Mohammed did it its alright. This is why we dont accept Islam, please understand that.

prove islam existed before muhammad :wink:

Muslims also feel that Jesus is a false prophet and not the Son of the ever living God.And that Muhammed is a prophet of God. That Muhammed put the ‘‘white devil’’ to death. Remember the Crusades were fought by Muslims attacking the Christian nations in an attempt to kill off ALL persons who opposed Muhammed and his teachings and those who did not convert to Islam. It wasn’t just the Catholic church ‘‘attacking’’ and killing mercilessly the Islamic peoples of the world.
The finest example of this is the war in Iraq. It is still the Muslim nations forcing their will upon the American and other Catholic and Christian nations by killing innocent people and calling it ‘‘God’s will’’ that they be killed because they do not practice Islam.

Submission to the will of God has always existed.

However that is not what islam is.

islam is submission to the will of allah and his messengers.

Thus today’s muslims themselves are not muslim (in the broadest sense) at all, since they do not submit to God alone.

Jesus (pbuh) is most certainly NOT a false-prophet, but a prophet of Allah (swt) and messiah.

No one is a Muslim who thinks that you submit “to” a messenger. The prophets (pbut) are simply human beings. One gives oneself in submission to Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) alone.

Now you got it wrong, he is the Son of God, not some mere prophet.

Oh no! Not again! :smiley:

I left for a doctor’s appointment yesterday and decided that whole thread really wasn’t worth it. Especially since it can’t be done.

Can you post the Kalimah here please.

Islam is both the Qur’an and the Sunnah is it not?

Even more so than Christians or Jews, do you not exalt the “actions” of Mohammed?

Do you not deem him to be without sin, and therefore the epitome of humanity?

Do you not seek to emulate his every action in all matters?

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Benjamin8o8 : Common questions Muslims can´t answer

–why did u write **Muslims can’t answer **?

We do give answers but you did not / don’t like these --that’s the different matter :slight_smile:

We respect all the Prophets , not only Muhammed (peace be upon them all). Muslims reject all the dirty allegations Jews & Christians believe some Prophets did .

Prophets made some mistakes but they repented immediately & God forgave them.

Whenever any Prophet came to his nation , it was a must for them to follow him . Rejecting a Prophet of God means rejecting commands of God because Prophets taught us what God ordered them to do so.

by declaring in the Shahada that Muhammed (pbuh) is a Prophet of God , one gives testimony that s/he believes in other Prophets , too. A person can’t be a Muslim by rejecting Moses , Jesus or any Prophet (pbut). As Muhammed (pbuh) is the Seal of the Prophets , we must follow his teachings till the last day .

I know some Muslims, and they believe that Jesus is one of the greatest prophets.

Is there an official Muslims stance on this?

The understanding of prophets does not exist in judaism and christianity as it exists in islam.

We see the patriarchs kings and prophets all performing different roles in the history of the jewish people.

This is principally why we know that Mohammed was not a prophet - simply put Mohammed was without precedent.

As such he could never ever claim to be following the same tradition of the jewish prophets.

This is principally seen in his claim that God commanded him to fight unbelievers until they converted or were subjugated.

This point alone renders Mohammed a false prophet.

by declaring in the Shahada that Muhammed (pbuh) is a Prophet of God , one gives testimony that s/he believes in other Prophets , too. A person can’t be a Muslim by rejecting Moses , Jesus or any Prophet (pbut).

The kalimah does not have its origin in judaism or the original religion of submission.

The kalimah is a declaration of allegiance to a tribe, with all its rewards and responsibilities a muslim can expect from belonging to this tribe.

It has nothing to do with God.

Why do you write (pbuh) each time? Is it a sign of respect? Do you do this for all dead people or just prophets?

I think you have a worthy reason for writing this, but it makes for extremely tedious reading. :compcoff:

It’s a must for us to believe in the Virgin Mary & her dear son (peace be upon them both). The first statement Jesus (pbuh) uttered as a newborn baby was ’ I am a servant of God Almighty’ . It was his first miracle .

few related verses:

Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Yaqoob (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Yaqoob (Jacob)), and that which has been given to Moosa (Moses) and Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord.

We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #136)

(Remember) when the angels said: “O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word (“Be!” - and he was! i.e. Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)) from Him, his name will be the Messiah Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah.”

( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #45)

yes . When we utter any Prophet’s name , in Arabic we say Alayhis Salam ( as ) . English translation : peace be upon him .

While mentioning name of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) , we say Sallallahu Alalhey Wasallam. Meaning is same ( may peace & blessings of God be upon him).

La illah illa Allah, Muhammad ur-rasullu Allah [There is no god but Allah; Mohammad is his messenger]

Islam is both the Qur’an and the Sunnah is it not?

Islam is the submission of one’s life to God…the Prophet is the final messenger who recalled humanity to that submission.

Even more so than Christians or Jews, do you not exalt the “actions” of Mohammed?

This doesn’t say much since neither Christians nor Jews generally accept the Prophet (pbuh).

Do you not deem him to be without sin, and therefore the epitome of humanity?

All prophets are without sin. And even if, for the sake of argument, let us grant that he is the epitome of being human, that is still only human.

Do you not seek to emulate his every action in all matters?

I am going to assume that “emulate” here is on the order of the Christian imitatio Christi.

In which case: No. We do not divinize anyone or make an idol out of them. The prophets (pbut) and especially the Prophet (pbuh) recall us to, and remind us of, the relation that each person has to Allah (swt) who is our rest and peace. Submitting oneself to a human being is shirk (and not a very good way to get rest or peace).

One could read your statement in a relatively (but not completely) unobjectionable way if you mean that we seek guidance from saints and Prophets and see them as models of human behavior, much in the manner that Catholics do. But the saints are not models because they themselves possess some sort of authority as their own (this would be shirk), but because we recognize in them what we ourselves desire to be in relation to God and others.

Let us take this sentence and examine it.

Would one be a muslim if one uttered La illah illa Allah?
and neglected to utter Muhammad ur-rasullu Allah.

Islam is the submission of one’s life to God…the Prophet is the final messenger who recalled humanity to that submission.

I am aware of what you believe. My point is - is it possible to be a submitter without following Mohammed?

And if not, I would like to know your reasons for this.

This doesn’t say much since neither Christians nor Jews generally accept the Prophet (pbuh).

Perhaps I didn’t express myself clearly. What I mean to say is that we view people who speak on behalf of God as being sinful, and we use our understanding of natural law to judge their behaviour.

Thus even a prophet of God could be judged a sinner in the eyes of the law.

All prophets are without sin. And even if, for the sake of argument, let us grant that he is the epitome of being human, that is still only human.

How can a man be a man, and not sin?

One could read your statement in a relatively (but not completely) unobjectionable way if you mean that we seek guidance from saints and Prophets and see them as models of human behavior, much in the manner that Catholics do. But the saints are not models because they themselves possess some sort of authority as their own (this would be shirk), but because we recognize in them what we ourselves desire to be in relation to God and others.

However you emulate without question all the behaviour of your prophet do you not?
Without questioning whether such an action is sinful or objectionable.

Let us take for example safiyah bint marwan, do you honestly believe that a woman whose husband was murdered 1 day before, would willingly bed her husband’s murderer?

So obvously the prophet raped her.
It is not recorded as rape since marital rape is not defined in islam.**

No recorder of islam would deign to record her objections to rape since she was married to the prophet.

We do however have sahih ahadith that attest to the rape.

The prophets personal body guard bilal stationed himself outside safiyahs tent for fear she would murder the prophet (not the actions of a loving wife , wouldn’t you concede)

The prophets companion commented on how nothing (not even mercy - one imagines) could restrain the lust of the prophet.

I am sorry I cannot see the actions of this man as being those of a prophet of God.

Prophet Lut/ Lot’s relationship with his two daughters , David’s having affair with a married woman & killing her husband , Solomon’s not staying at the right path always ( peace be upon them all ) etc etc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.