communion

how many times may we receive communion daily/on Sunday?
thanks!

Twice in one day as long as the second time is at Mass. (there is an exception for Viaticum).

I don’t know if there is doctrine saying otherwise but I believe that the rule is that you aren’t supposed to receive Him more than twice a day in the Blessed Sacrament. I may be wrong however as I could not find any such rule in the Catechism.:shrug:

It’s not a matter of doctrine nor the Catechism. It’s a discipline defined in canon law.

Can. 917 A person who has already received the Most Holy Eucharist can receive it a second time on the same day only within the eucharistic celebration in which the person participates, without prejudice to the prescript of ⇒ can. 921, §2.

Thanks Corki. In lay terms, twice a day, provided the second time is at Mass (communion service doesn’t cut it), and you may always receive again in danger of death, even if you’ve already received twice.

I thought it was just once a day

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.