communion

Iam allergic to the communion bread, at mass, i recive the precious blood at mass, does it count as communion

It absolutely counts! Jesus is fully present in both the consecrated wine and the consecrated bread. One may receive either one and rest assured they are receiving Communion.

There is a low gluten host formula which is approved for those with celiac disease. Let me see where I found this and I’ll post the link.

John

Probably the safest thing for a person with Celiac disease is just to receive the Precious Blood. Christ is fully present in both species. No need to go to the trouble of making a gluten free host for one person.

[quote=fcb2001]Iam allergic to the communion bread, at mass, i recive the precious blood at mass, does it count as communion
[/quote]

The celebrant’s chalice has a fragment of a host dropped in it at the Fraction rite. Be sure that you receive from a separate chalice. And be sure that no one intincts a host in it before you receive. These should be easy precautions but those responsible should be aware of the need to take them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.