Community with the Spirit of the 1st Franciscans and Carmelites

Peace and Good !!!
We are a Catholic Community of Friars and Nuns (Sisters) who want to live ALL the more of the Gospel with the facts and in the Truth.
We also live with out wanting, asking or touching money, not that it's bad to touch it, as also the disciples had a safe keeping, but our hearts have greatly desired to live also as Jesus says: "go with out bread, back pack, cane or money" (Cf. Mk 6, 7-8).
I have attached a vocational video of ours that partly expresses our Charisma with photo's of us before and after our conversions. We hope you enjoy it...
(click on this photo here below to see the video)

Best wishes of Holiness and Beatific Immortality,
**from the Little Friars and Sisters V.V. of Jesus and Mary*: *www.poorfriars.net

http://nuke.fratipoveri.net/Portals/0/esperienze%20voazionali/Momenti%20vocazionali%20dei%20Piccoli%20Frati%20e%20Sorelle%20con%20i%20giovani.JPG

i think yours is a good community. if you were just here in the philippines, i would be VERY happy to visit you!

and if i have a pair of wings, then i would just fly there.:thumbsup:

Peace and Good !
Pope John Paul II reminds us in his enciclica “Fides et Ratio” (that is, “Faith and Reason”) that Faith and Reason are the two wings of the spirit… Like so, If you believe that “Every thing is possible in He who gives (us) the strength” (Cf. Phil 4,13), and reason or meditate how to find the providence of the ticket, if you search, you will find (Cf Mt 7,7-10) ! Yes, it is possible to the Lord that you may be able to FLY !!!
As Im sure that you know well that it’s written more ore less:
“Why do you worry about food, drink or clothing… the Lord knows that you need these things… Worry about doing His Will, and all these things will be given in abondance”(Cf. Mt 6,25-34) !..
Infact With the Grace of God we will soon be opening a Community in the United States…
We’ve needed the “wings”, and we’ve found them, together with the ticket !
Best wishes of Holiness and Beatific Immortality.

Ma siete in Italia, allora?

Una domanda: uno come me che abita in America potesse diventare un terzo ordine con voi?

Se esiste, e un vero terzo ordine?

Vivete insieme (cio’e le donne e gli uomini in una stessa casa)?

Da quello che vedo siete 100% colla Chiesa e col Papa, giusto?

Grazie!!:thumbsup:

Ho controllato vostro sito, e ho visto la risposta di una delle mie domande: non vivete insiema. :wink:

Questa domanda in inglese;)

Where in the United States, please?

Translations to your questions, if you please, Luigi! :slight_smile:

Most of us don’t understand Italian! :smiley:

Seriously, though…I find myself envying those who take the evangelical vow of poverty [as well as the other two vows of chastity and obedience, of course]. They seem to have more serenity and peace in their lives, in comparison with those of us in 'the world who suffer and struggle in a futile chase after ‘the buck’. :o

[quote="barb_finnegan, post:7, topic:205757"]
Translations to your questions, if you please, Luigi! :)

Most of us don't understand Italian! :D

Seriously, though....I find myself envying those who take the evangelical vow of poverty [as well as the other two vows of chastity and obedience, of course]. They seem to have more serenity and peace in their lives, in comparison with those of us in 'the world who suffer and struggle in a futile chase after 'the buck'. :o

[/quote]

Sorry:o

Ma siete in Italia, allora? You are in Italy, then?

Una domanda: uno come me che abita in America potesse diventare un terzo ordine con voi? A question: is it possible for one like myself who lives in America to become a third order member with you?

Se esiste, e un vero terzo ordine? If it exists, is it a true third order?

Vivete insieme (cio'e le donne e gli uomini in una stessa casa)? Do the sisters and brothers live together? (They do not, I asked this before finding the answer--they live in communities separately, but near a central house of prayer)

Da quello che vedo siete 100% colla Chiesa e col Papa, giusto? From what I see, you all are 100% orthodox members of the Roman catholic Church and under the Holy Father?

That’s better…:).

I think you got a little carried away, seeing that they are from Italy.

Hope you hear from them soon…I’d be interested in what they say.

I will let you know…either in PM, or here. Remind me, please:)

[quote="Poor_Friars, post:3, topic:205757"]
Peace and Good !
Pope John Paul II reminds us in his enciclica "Fides et Ratio" (that is, "Faith and Reason") that Faith and Reason are the two wings of the spirit... Like so, If you believe that "Every thing is possible in He who gives (us) the strength" (Cf. Phil 4,13), and reason or meditate how to find the providence of the ticket, if you search, you will find (Cf Mt 7,7-10) ! Yes, it is possible to the Lord that you may be able to FLY !!!
As Im sure that you know well that it's written more ore less:
"Why do you worry about food, drink or clothing... the Lord knows that you need these things... Worry about doing His Will, and all these things will be given in abondance"(Cf. Mt 6,25-34) !..
Infact With the Grace of God we will soon be opening a Community in the United States...
We've needed the "wings", and we've found them, together with the ticket !
Best wishes of Holiness and Beatific Immortality.

[/quote]

thank you for this.. seriously if you will be here in the Philippines, I would really pay you a visit.:thumbsup:

OK, I will…:wink:

**Peace and Good ! **(In Italian: Pace e Bene! )
Thank you so much Luigi, Barb, Thomas etc. for your spiritual curiosity! Sorry that I haven’t been able to reply earlier as I’ve been in pilgrimage, hitch-hiking through Italy from Padova (where there is the tomb of St. Anthony) through to Rome and then down to Sicily preparing for our departure to the US !..
So then, now to reply your questions:

Ma siete in Italia, allora? You are in Italy, then?
Answer: Our founder is residing in the diocese of Noto (Sicily); we have some friars and nuns that will be studying in Rome within a few months; we have a community of friars and nuns welcomed into the diocese of Cremona (northern Italy); we have a community of friars and nuns welcomed into a diocese of Mexico, and I with another two sisters with the Grace of God will be opening up a community in Luisiana (USA).
I depart from Rome mid August, then the sisters will soon follow.

Una domanda: uno come me che abita in America potesse diventare un terzo ordine con voi? A question: is it possible for one like myself who lives in America to become a third order member with you?
Se esiste, e un vero terzo ordine? If it exists, is it a true third order?

Answer: Yes! We are have true third order groups of prayer entitled: “the Allies of the Little Ones”… you can find all the information about them on the web site: www.poorfriars.net and then by clicking on the right hand window/selection. We have about 100 groups that pray with us in Italian, 2 in French, 2 in Portuguese, and now one in English (in Malta). These groups (after a period of trial) sign an enrolment form with three promises (without obligation, but with the effort) of:
1) Participation to the Holy Eucharist once a Week (and Holy Confession once a month)
2) Recital of the Holy Rosary (Meditated with the simple systematical method of prayer taught by our founder Friar Volantino – with three steps: a) a short biblical passage referring to the mystery; b) a meditation from the Charisma of our community referring to the mystery; c) a short phrase from the teachings of the Catholic Church referring to the mystery.
3) Good deeds to ones brothers in spiritual need. ( As we don’t want money… If our groups ca help us in our work of evangelization, great !)
We periodically visit these groups as often as we can, going into their homes and praying with them, helping them in their spiritual needs. To become a new group, or to at least try out praying our meditations, contact me personally on my email: vocations@poorfriars.net and I can send you the A4 Holy Rosary cards on PDF… and who knows, maybe we can come directly to you house and pray with you !

Vivete insieme (cio’e le donne e gli uomini in una stessa casa)? Do the sisters and brothers live together? (They do not, I asked this before finding the answer–they live in communities separately, but near a central house of prayer)
Answer: Yes, your right ! We are very clear about this!.. in fact, if a Brother is found in the females cloister or visa versa, one risk expulsion from the community. Like wise where ever they are a brother or a sister can never be found alone, otherwise they also risk expulsion from the community. This is imposed to avoid our human weaknesses, but also to give a clearer witness.

Da quello che vedo siete 100% colla Chiesa e col Papa, giusto? From what I see, you all are 100% orthodox members of the Roman catholic Church and under the Holy Father?
Answer: We have a grateful to have learnt that the Full Truth be found in the Holy Catholic Church… We have renounced our youth, in vows of Obedience, Poverty and Chastity to God through the Word of God, through the Holy Mother Catholic Church (Roman Apostolic, of Latin Rite) ant through or Rule of Life. Our lives are founded on Obedience to the Holy Father, and the Holy advice of his Bishops. To see a Catechetical Video that we have produced on: “Why must one be Christian Catholic”, see this link: vimeo.com/9765983

I Hope that I have answered your questions, I’ll be more than happy to hear from you and answer other questions, and as we still do not have a group of prayer in the US, we have to begin (even more) praying !

Best wishes of Holiness and Beatific Immortality,
Friar Antonio.

Grazie, fratello!

Vi ho mandato un email :slight_smile:

Poor Friars,

I really enjoyed your website and your videos! You community is not only fascinating but very inspirational as well! I enjoyed all I saw and read.

God Bless you all on your journeys.

With love in Jesus and Mary,

Pete

Thank you !!! Please pray for our Holy perseverance !

I most certainly will!

With love in Jesus and Mary,

Pete

Peace and Good!
Only now I realize that your from Florida!.. As Im new to America, and in Australia the distances are relatively far... It seems that Florida isn't so far from here at Luisiana..! It's our first time here in the USA and we have to start the experience of hitchhiking here.* Is it true that in some states it's illegal to hitchhike?*

I hope this will help you answer questions about hitch hiking in the USA: hitchhiker.50megs.com/custom.html I am not familiar with America's laws. Maybe someone out there knows?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.