______________________________________________________________to Mohammed
Kings_________Davidic lingerage__________Jesus Christ_______________N/A
Teachers___________Rabbis__________________Priests________________Clerics
Mothers___________Jerusalem_____________New Jerusalem___________Wives of
________________________________________________________________Mohammed
Kingdom__________Kingdom of Israel_______Kingdom of God_______Kingdom of Allah
Commandments___613____________________10____________________5
Diets________________Kosher__________________N/A______________Halal (lawful),
_____________________________________________________________Haram (unlawful)
Purity________Mikvah, Niddah_______Baptism, purity of heart_________Tahir
____________________________________________________________(quadri, yahya,
___________________________________________________________hussayn, hussain)
Sabbath__________Saturday_______________Sunday________________Friday
Calender____________Liturgical______________Liturgical_______________Liturgical
Virtue____________Compassion______Theological and Cardinal_____Submission
Sin_________________Transgression_________Transgression______Mistake, immorality,
___________________________________________________________transgression,
_________________________________________________________wickedness, depravity,
__________________________________________________________partnership to Allah
Faith_____________Principles of faith______Belief, sacrament,_____Belief, profession,
___________________________________charity, prayer__________good deeds
Salvation____Righteousness_________Righteousness___________Faith
_________(outside Israel there(outside the Church there(outside Islam there
__________________is no salvation)________is no salvation)_____is no salvation)
Damnation______Temporal______________Eternal______________Eternal
Heaven_______World to come___________Paradise______________Jannah
Purgatory______Gehenna______________Purgatory_______________N/A
Hell_______________N/A________________Gehenna_____________Jahannam
Judgement_______General, particular______General, particular_____General, particular
Resurrection_____General_______________General______________General
Tradition_______Oral Torah___________Sacred Traditon____________Hadith
Scriptures____________Tanakh,________________Bible,___________Qu’ran,
___________Rabbinic literature_____Church Fathers writings________Bible
Relation to Tanakh____Selfsame__________Includes the Tanakh______Mohammedian
___________________________________________________________prophecies
Relation to Bible________N/A________________Selfsame___________Mohammedian
___________________________________________________________prophecies
Relation to Qu’ran____N/A__________________N/A________________Selfsame

Feel free to correct/contradict me :slight_smile:

Can we change the commandments in the Christian column from 10 to 2?

Lots of mistakes in that chart–who made it up, anyway?

First of all, there is One God in Judaism and there is One God in Islam, but Christianity has a Triune God which isn’t the same thing as One God.

Secondly, Lord is not God’s name in either the Christian or Jewish tradition. But yet God is called Lord in Islam also (Arabic equivalent = Rabb), as well as in Christianity and Judaism.

Next, “Fard” is not a prayer, and neither is “Wajeeb” (which isn’t really the right word for the meaning, it should be Waajib with the emphasis on the first syllable.) Fard/Wajib means obligatory. The word you’re looking for is “Salaat” which is the ritual prayer, which is fard (and there are some Wajib and some Nafl salawat also), and the other word you want is “Du’a” which means supplication… i.e., prayer.

Next, on the matter of sacrifice–there is obviously a sacrifice in Islam, the most notable of which is the one taking place at the end of the Hajj by Muslims around the globe, on Eid al-Adha, remembering that Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son. It’s not an offering, but it is a sacrifice. Similarly there are other sacrifices, like at the time of marriage, and at the birth of a child.

Next, the term worship is very misleading. The siddur isn’t an act of worship at all, but rather a book on worship, a book of prayers I think. The eucharist actually is an act of worship, but not the only one in Christianity. And Islam of course has many forms of worship.

Next, there is no real difference between a “house of worship” and a “house of prayer” is there? Why is a Synagogue a house of prayer while a Mosque a house of worship, and only a Church is listed as both? Is prayer not worship? Do Muslims not pray in mosques? Do Jews not worship in Synagogues? I mean, that’s weird. Synagogues are places of prayer and worship, the two not being exclusive. Similarly, the word mosque is actually just english for the Arabic masjid which literally means a place of prostration. It is a house of worship, that’s the meaning of it, and a place for prayer. Either list them in both categories, or pick on category and eliminate the other.

On the matter of Prophets, I’m not aware of Christians believing in “major and minor” prophets. But you should put for Islam that there are “prophets” and “messengers” as there is a subtle difference and Muslims believe in both. Adam–>Jesus–>Muhammad is misleading also, because Muslims actually believe in all Jewish prophets as well, none of which have been mentioned here.

On the matter of kingship, the selections are also misleading. The kingship of David was literal, the kingship of Jesus was metaphorical or at the very least other-worldly, for those who believe in it at present. Islam on the other hand does not dispute the kingship of David, nor the messiahship of Jesus Christ. I wonder then, why they were left out for Islam?

On the matter of teachers, the word “cleric” is an English construct very poorly applied to islam, when trying to compare it to Christianity (which actually has clerics, while Islam does not.) There’s no clerical class in islam. There are scholars of Islam. You should say that instead of “clerics” which is a bogus term.

For mothers–that doesn’t even make sense.

About Kingdoms–I’ve never heard anyone use the phrase “Kingdom of Allah” about Islam. Chances are that’s probably wrong, someone not knowing what they’re talking about.

As for commandments, there are way more than 5–who came up with 5? Just picked a number out of a hat, did they?

As for diet, halal/haram is not complete without mentioning zabiha also, meaning meat properly slaughtered. It’s more akin to kosher actually.

On purity, the word “tahir” just means pure. There are matters of Taharah, or purification, that weren’t mentioned at all, though they were mentioned for other religions. For instance, there is the major purification act, called ghusl, and the minor one called wudhu (which Muslims make daily.) There is also tazkiyyah which is purification of the heart. The part in parenthesis has nothing to do with purification, not sure why it’s even there. (I’m talking about “quadri, yahya, hussayn…”)

For the Sabbath, it’s pretty confusing. Friday is not the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the 7th day–which is Saturday. Christians don’t celebrate the Sabbath, they celebrate “the Lord’s Day” on Sunday. Neither do Muslims celebrate the Sabbath, but they have congregational prayer day on Friday.

On Calendars–I’m not sure by whose standard Islam follows a liturgical calendar. Rather, Islam follows a lunar calendar (and Judaism follows a luni-solar one) that counts years since the Hijra, or immigration to Medina.

On the matter of virtue, absolutely none of the answers make sense, and the one for islam least of all.

Actually, for salvation in islam it should say that it depends on Faith, Righteousness, and God’s Mercy. And it’s not true that there is no salvation outside of Islam.

On purgatory, there is the matter of Barzakh, or the life of the grave, which is after a person dies but before he is resurrection on the Day of Judgment.

As for Scriptures, one can say Qur’an for Islam, but not the Bible. One can add the Torah and Injeel/Gospel, but definitely not the Bible.

And I have no clue what a Mohammedian prophecy is to even remark on those.

So anyway… there’s your contradictions. Hope it helps.

Well, I guess I can’t upload a table I created. Darn.

So God is praised three days in a row! :smiley:

Allahu Akbar :wink:

And some Hindus worship on Monday.:smiley:

That doesn’t count since they don’t know the one true God. :stuck_out_tongue:

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

MashaAllah sis , u have so much patience & knowledge to answer.

And it’s not true that there is no salvation outside of Islam.

I read fatwa like this : before coming of the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) , those who worshipped one God & followed the Prophet God sent them , they will surely go to heaven. Whenever any Prophet came , it was a must for the people to accept him .

Rejecting God’s messenger means disobeying God / revolting against God Almighty. So , those who rejected the Last Prophet (pbuh) or Jesus (pbuh) or others Prophets , they can not expect mercy as they were arrogant to reject His messengers.

And Allah knows Best.

related info:

Allah says:

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” [Quran 5:3)

Allah gave this favour to the whole of humanity. Therefore any one can become a Muslim no matter what his/her race, language or colour is. No matter whether they are single, married, divorced or a child.

[URL=“http://www.muslimconverts.com/”]http://www.muslimconverts.com/

We must also remember that some people are never exposed to Islam–therefore they never have the chance to accept it, or to reject it. So they will be tested in the next life. That is what I was thinking of–many people will die without ever learning of Islam, so they will be judged based on what they knew.

I concur!

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Long ago , I read something like this : don’t remember now if this was a hadith or not.

On the Day of Judgment , some will ask God to forgive them as they never heard of His true message . They will claim that they would have surely obeyed God only if they knew. Then God will ask them to jump in to the fire.

Those who will obey Him will be forgiven . Those who won’t listen , God will tell them u din’t carry out orders that u got diretly from me . So , how can u claim that u would have listened to my messenger in the world ?

We must remember , God sent messengers to all nations .

And Allah Knows Best.

I reject Muhammad, the Quran, Islam and everything connected with it!

Vickie

1. Well, I would have put their heaven as ‘orgy with virgins and little boys’.

2. But, besides that in the column of Faith you forgot predestination.

3. And under Salvation, even though the muslims like to ignore this, they have never answered if they are sure all their rites, martyrs, etc bypasses predestination in islam. Or if ‘good works’ will bypass predestination. How many, or what kinds, of good works is not answered either.

And yes, ‘martyrdom’ should be included under Salvation because that is all a part of this (even though there is no certainty that it bypasses predestination. Even them going to worship the black rock since it speaks for them on Judgement Day - does that bypass predestination?

1. under Commandments you also need to include: not to do shirk.

proof of predestination:

Qur’an 97:1 “We have revealed it (the Qur’an) in the Night of Predestination.”

Qur’an 64:11 “No calamity occurs, no affliction comes, except by the decision and preordainment of Allah.”

Qur’an 3:145 “No person can ever die except by the permission of Allah, the term being fixed as by writing.”

hadiths:
Tabari I:202 “There are people who consider predestination untrue. Then they consider the Qur’an untrue… People merely carry out what is a foregone conclusion, decided by predestination and written down by the Pen.”

Bukhari:V6B60N473 “Every created soul has his place written for him either in Paradise or in the Hell Fire. His happy or miserable fate is predetermined for him.”

Tabari I:306 "The Messenger said, “Allah created Adam and then rubbed Adam’s back with his right hand and brought forth his progeny. Then He said, ‘I have created these as the inhabitants of Paradise.’ Then he rubbed his back with His left hand and said, ‘I have created those for the Fire, and they will act as the inhabitants of the Fire.’ A man asked, ‘O Messenger, how is that?’ Muhammad replied, ‘When Allah creates a human being for Paradise, He employs him to act as the inhabitants of Paradise, and he will enter Paradise. And when Allah creates a human being for the Fire, He will employ him to act as the inhabitants of the Fire, and will thus make him enter the Fire.’”
(this sort of shows us that allah is a very, mean spirited god. Does it like to watch things be tormented?)

I almost forgot what a nice thing that is to not realize that there is a whole religion based on killing, or subjugating, those who reject islam - or deceiving many to accept islam.

Sorry brother. You are wrong. Muslim has 3 Gods: Allah, Quran (which is uncreated and eternal) and the elevated human to be parallel with God named Muhammad.

**Booklover, you have every right to reject Muhammad and Islam. Islam allows you all that. You have the right to reject jesus too and the father god of yours. Who knows one day you may jump to those ideas.

But remember that the result of the right or wrong beliefs soon start coming back to you. Until it will be all clear to you (and all of us) on the day of judgement.

I would suggest that the safer side for you will be to come to Islam by:

1. Believing in One God, same as Jews and Muslims. Same as did Moses & Abraham.
  2. Believing in all the angels of God
  3. Believing in all the revealed books of God.
  4. Believing in all the prophets of God.
  5. Believing in all the messengers of God.

That is a brief about Islam if you would care to think over, any time.

Sister Amy, I read your post #3 carefully. You have done very well to point out the Islamic view about the chart prepared by Eucharisted. Thank you very for making things clear.

:ehh: Is there something in Islamic teaching that in order to be a Muslim you have to distort the Christian view of God?

As a former Christian, I expected better than this from you. Christians worship ONE GOD - no partners, no 3 gods, no 3 deities etc. Yes, Christians believe in the Trinity, however, God is, was and always shall be ONE.

The One True God

The first Christians, like the Jews before them, were fiercely monotheistic, willing to die horrible martyrs’ deaths in the Coliseum—being slain by gladiators, devoured by wild animals, crucified, or tied to a stake and turned into human torches—rather than concede the existence of any other gods.

This adamant insistence on monotheism is taken directly from the teaching of the Bible. Thus, in John 17:3 Jesus addresses his Father, saying, “And this is eternal life, that they know you—the only true God.”

Despite the clarity of this statement and numerous others concerning the existence of one—and only one—God, some modern groups reject Jesus’ teaching. Mormons, for example, claim that there is an innumerable multitude of gods and that new gods are being formed all the time. Some gods are supposed to be older than the Father, and it is taught that human beings can eventually become gods through practicing Mormonism.

This is in direct contradiction to the declaration of God himself in the book of Isaiah: “‘You are my witnesses,’ says the Lord, ‘and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me’” (Is. 43:10).

The first Christians took God at his word and were willing to stake even their lives on the certainty that there is only one God.

The proposition that God is one constitutes one of the central tenets in the dogma of the Trinity. In other Fathers Know Best tracts, (e.g., The Divinity of Christ, The Eternal Sonship of Christ, Filioque, God in Three Persons, The Trinity) we show that the Fathers also taught the other.aspects of the Trinity.

The Trinity

The doctrine of the Trinity is encapsulated in Matthew 28:19, where Jesus instructs the apostles: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

The parallelism of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit is not unique to Matthew’s Gospel, but appears elsewhere in the New Testament (e.g., 2 Cor. 13:14, Heb. 9:14), as well as in the writings of the earliest Christians, who clearly understood them in the sense that we do today—that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are three divine persons who are one divine being (God).

catholic.com/library/One_True_God.asp

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.