Compendium to the Catechism

While surfing Jimmy Akin’s blog, I happened across his link to the new Compendium to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which is a Q&A style Catechism (like the old Baltimore Catechism, in use from 1890’s - 1960’s when it gave way to “the spirit of Vatican II” and fell into disuse).

The problem? It’s in Italian.
The solution? Babelfish. Sorta’.

It will translate the whole thing for you, but some of the wording is funny. For those who are impatient like me, it suffices until the real thing comes out.

Just thought I’d share. :smiley:

Feel free to add whatever comments you folks have about the new structure/style/content.

God Bless,
RyanL

Google has a translation page too:

google.com/language_tools?hl=en

This is an example to show how easy it was:

1. Which is the design of God for the man? 1-25 God, infinitely perfect and made happy in if same, for a design of pure goodness has liberations created the man in order to render it partecipe of its make happy life. In the fullness of the times, God Father has sent its Son like redentore and salvatore of the men fallen in the sin, convening them in its Church and rendering them sons adopts to you for work of the Saint Spirit and eredi of its eternal beatitude. UNDERSTOOD IT FIRST GOD “ABLE” The É MAN 30 “You six large one, Getlteman, and very worthy of praise … ]. have made Us for you and our heart does not have pause until does not rest in you” (sant’ Augustin).

Thank you.
May the Lord bless you and Our Mother pray for you.

google didn’t translate the whole page, only the intro. Babelfish translates up through Q:280, but no further.

I guess they’re trying to conserve processing power…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.