Computer games: what are you guys playing?

Just curious.

For me: Mass Effect 2 into Mass Effect 3, Crusader Kings 2, Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai, possibly some multiplayer Starcraft 2 when I get the time but not likely to be much.

Mass effect, Skyrim, Civilization 5

Right now I am trying to beat Mass Effect that way I can go ahead and get started on the second one. After that I want to get the third one and beat that as well.

I might think about getting mlb 2k12 just because I haven’t played any baseball games in a while and I am a huge baseball fan.

I’m just getting into PC gaming and was wondering if there are any great PC games that I should keep an eye out for?

I am mainly playing Shogun 2, Arkham City, and The Witcher 2

Depends what type of games you’re into. Mass Effects are decent. If you like roleplaying, Dragon Age could be good, although I had big issues with the way it was advertised (some sexy shaking between scantily clad characters to the tune of Manson music) and Dragon Age 2 scored a poor reception.

If you’re into strategy, you might find Crusader Kings II interesting. It’s a macro-scale game like turn-based but it does go on real-time. Encounters between armies are auto-calculated, so you don’t get to drive that. Shogun 2 would be more turn-based. It isn’t into building so much, not really any econ or diplomacy, mostly the titular war. On the other hand, there has been that Anno 2070 sci-fi game, which I probably won’t be able to play due to time constraints but it looks solid and might be interesting to you.

It depends on what you’re into, honestly. There are so many great PC games out there!
I’m an RPG fan, and I recently found a copy of the “Dungeons and Dragons Master Anthology” which contains Baldur’s Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale 1&2, The Temple of Elemental Evil, and Planescape: Torment, which are some of the most critically acclaimed titles in the genre. If you are at all interested in RPGs, pick that up, it’s only $20. Yeah, the graphics are dated by today’s standards, but that’s not what counts in an RPG, IMHO.

I still play Warcraft II and III.

Right now, it’s Medieval 2 with the mod Stainless Steel. Very fun. I’m also finishing up Rogue Galaxy on the PS2 (which isn’t a computer, but that distinction has been blurred almost completely these days:D).

i play a lot of TF2, L4D2, and stalker call of pripyat. and more recently civ 5

Finshed Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. I’m waiting on the downloadable content for these.

I’m going to be picking up Witcher 2 when it comes out. It should be OK- take up a few hours.

Guild Wars, getting some Hall of Monument points. And Battlefield 3.

Planescape:Torment is the outstanding game in that lot. I remember buying that when it was new and staying up very late working my way through it. There’s never been anything quite like it after. Baldur’s gate 2 is the next best in that set and is much more epic in scope than the first Baldur’s gate game.

I’m playing Skyrim at the minute, I was playing Fallout:New Vegas but since that game is NOT open-ended and has a definite end after a certain point I’m holding off on finishing it till I explore the game world fully. I have also got Mass effect 2 to work through and I have Betrayal at Krondor which I downloaded for a couple of dollars which I am replaying. That’s another stand out RPG game from back in the day.

Plants vs. Zombies: it’s crazy fun. Good for ones concentration and problem-solving, but it’s also hysterically funny. Pea shooting plants and giant Venus fly traps versus zombies traffic cones on their heads and zombies on Zambonis!

Waiting for Legend of Grimrock (hopefully tomorrow).

Me to, old school Dungeon Master/Eye of the Beholder action.

Me three, only just realised this game existed, so it’s a nice surprise. :slight_smile:

Anyone hanging out for Diablo III? Not sure what the multiplayer aspect will be like, but if possible it would be cool to jam with some of you guys here on the forum for some good old-fashioned demon slaying.

None at the moment but I am patiently waiting (kinda) for Guild Wars 2. :smiley:

Mass Effect 3. That ending :takethat:

Armored Core V :hmmm: so many options so little time

Dark Souls :manvspc: “YOU DIED!”

you know ive never got into mass effect, but that ending has to be one of the biggest cop outs i have ever heard. so tell me, with all of your choses coming together in a big and highly varied climax, which ending did you get, the red, green, or blue. also, im all for the indoctrination theory.

I find very few games interest me enough to even try them out, so I stick (generally) with older stuff, in particular Neverwinter Nights 2 and the Baldur’s Gate series. I really enjoy making mods and using the new content that other users make. There’s always something new, even with the old games.

Crusader Kings 2. Would have been Mass Effect 3 but I’ve heard about the ending. What a waste.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.