Concepcion Picciotto, who held vigil outside the White House for decades, dies

washingtonpost.com/local/concepcion-picciotto-who-held-vigil-outside-the-white-house-for-decades-dies/2016/01/25/e0f829e2-c3b0-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html

Concepcion Picciotto, the protester who maintained a peace vigil outside the White House for more than three decades, a demonstration widely considered to be the longest-running act of political protest in U.S. history, died Jan. 25 at a housing facility operated by N Street Village, a nonprofit that supports homeless women in Washington. She was believed to be 80.

The article continues at the link.

Interesting, I’ve never heard of her.

On a side note though, prosciutto is delicious.

Oh, I bet you’ve definitely seen tons of photos of her encampment, because it was directly in front of the Whitehouse. It wound up in tons and tons of news photos. I guess maybe it’s one of those things you sort of filter out, because homeless people are such a ubiquitous part of the urban environment. But even though her camp looked temporary, she was there for decades; kind of a Mother Teresa-type figure engaged in permanent, around-the-clock war protesting. She definitely struck me as a Christian, but I don’t know for certain what her religious beliefs were.

I give her credit for seemingly staying apolitical. She didn’t travel to the Bush Ranch (or Bunny Ranch) or anything similar, she stayed through a number of different administrations. That alone speaks to her lack of a selective agenda.

Saw her in 2002.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.