Concept of god in Christianity?

Hello ever one,
I have some question if some one would like to answer
How do you believe in god, and how does trinity came inside the christianity?
There is no verse in the bible about trinity?
Why bible says day and night was created before creation of sun and moon, and moon has its own light?
I have seen many unscientific portions which i have asked any one got no reply.
Specially about falsification test on Mark

The bible was never designed to be read like a scientific document. We look to scripture to teach us truths about faith. You probably wouldn't look to the quran to get a scientific explanation of creation and we don't look to scripture for it either.

We look to scripture to hear about what God has done for us and how He sent Jesus to save us.

That being said, there cannot be a disconnect between faith and science. The Vatican has an extensive scientific branch to explore God's creations so that we might better know Him.

[quote="fermat, post:2, topic:309957"]
The bible was never designed to be read like a scientific document. We look to scripture to teach us truths about faith. You probably wouldn't look to the quran to get a scientific explanation of creation and we don't look to scripture for it either.

We look to scripture to hear about what God has done for us and how He sent Jesus to save us.

That being said, there cannot be a disconnect between faith and science. The Vatican has an extensive scientific branch to explore God's creations so that we might better know Him.

[/quote]

This. And the Trinity actually is subtly implied in the Bible. In the creation narrative, at least, God refers to himself in the plural. [BIBLEDRB]Genesis 1:26[/BIBLEDRB] Also, in Hebrew, he's called Elohim, which is actually a plural form of "El"

Just looked at your profile sooooo, why did you post this thread? You don’t know God because you turn your head away from the TRUTH. You cannot accept the TRUTH because your hatred makes you have to be right.

Islam is the enemy of Christianity…See the thread about the Christian man who was just beheaded…I am sure you will enjoy it.

[quote="1_with_God, post:4, topic:309957"]
Just looked at your profile sooooo, why did you post this thread? You don't know God because you turn your head away from the TRUTH. You cannot accept the TRUTH because your hatred makes you have to be right.

Islam is the enemy of Christianity...See the thread about the Christian man who was just beheaded...I am sure you will enjoy it.

[/quote]

Now this is uncalled for, and I'm actually tempted to report it. Just because some Muslims hate Christianity, doesn't mean they all do. Also, he could very well actually be wondering this. I'm a bit skeptical from the scarcity of capitalization and the grammar errors, but still. This attack is uncalled for

In Scripture, The New Testament specifically, you will find reference to The Holy Spirit, in the gospel about Pentecost, and when Jesus was baptized. Also, Jesus answered when asked, "who is God/the Father that we may know Him?" and Jesus responded "Have I been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me?"
Also, if you look at the construction and history of the Ark of the Covenant, you will find that it is the mirror of what was to come.

As for the science, I see it throughout Holy Scripture in The Bible.
In Revelation there is a verse about a rainbow surrounding the throne of God.
It wasn't until science and technology progressed the way it has that we became aware that the rainbow is a complete circle. That is just one of many examples (though a simplistic one perhaps) of science upholding what is written.

Hope you find the answers you are seeking.

[quote="Razanir, post:5, topic:309957"]
Now this is uncalled for, and I'm actually tempted to report it. Just because some Muslims hate Christianity, doesn't mean they all do. Also, he could very well actually be wondering this. I'm a bit skeptical from the scarcity of capitalization and the grammar errors, but still. This attack is uncalled for

[/quote]

Go ahead, report me. A lot worse than this is allowed daily on CAF. But, if they chose to clear all my records from this sight, so be it. When we are not allowed to speak the truth, but others can attack the Catholic Church, chastity, moral living, moral thinking, but we cannot state an opinion unless we sugar coat it and pretend we are blind to the intentions of the thread starter, then I do not belong here. I am not blind and thanks be to God I can see the truth.

I do agree that not all Muslims hate all Christians.

Sometimes I forget that Christians are never supposed to get their feelings hurt, or to stand up for the Truth. CAF would have blocked St. Paul ,St. James and many of the Early Church Fathers if what I said is considered an attack.

[quote="1_with_God, post:4, topic:309957"]
Just looked at your profile sooooo, why did you post this thread? You don't know God because you turn your head away from the TRUTH. You cannot accept the TRUTH because your hatred makes you have to be right.

Islam is the enemy of Christianity...See the thread about the Christian man who was just beheaded...I am sure you will enjoy it.

[/quote]

And this post will make reca change his/her point of view, how? Many of the Muslims I have met have been some of the most polite people I've known. If reca is truly seeking information, then let's not impede that.

[quote="1_with_God, post:7, topic:309957"]
Go ahead, report me. A lot worse than this is allowed daily on CAF. But, if they chose to clear all my records from this sight, so be it. When we are not allowed to speak the truth, but others can attack the Catholic Church, chastity, moral living, moral thinking, but we cannot state an opinion unless we sugar coat it and pretend we are blind to the intentions of the thread starter, then I do not belong here. I am not blind and thanks be to God I can see the truth.

Sometimes I forget that Christians are never supposed to get their feelings hurt, or to stand up for the Truth. CAF would have blocked St. Paul ,St. James and many of the Early Church Fathers if what I said is considered an attack.

[/quote]

You're the kind of person I need to answer my questions. I came here to learn, and honestly, I am more confused than ever. I do not have the ability to seek a spiritual director, I can not see my priest often, and he doesn't have that kind of time in his schedule.
I don't like the idea of someone being abused verbally, yet, is the truth abuse? Not saying that this particular person hates Christians, but what's wrong with enquiring?
:shrug:

Lol my dears,
That is your point of view about muslims. Let me to clear one point for you
No muslim is a true muslim until he or she believes in all revealations and messengers
Specially Jesus peace and blessing of almighty allah be on him.
Secondly if you can’t answer or argue on an issue just admit it, no one has full knowledge.
You didn’t answer my questions at all, all of you so you start blaming islam and quran.
No one is enemy of christianity but the changed bible and laws.
Look arround and be honest with your self at least.
Jesus peace be up on him said him self that i have manythings to say unto you, but you can
Not bear them now, so shall the spirit of the truth come HE will guideyou
and HE will glorify me.
You asleep nation open your eyes, ear and minds, read the noble
Quran and see that Quran is the only religious book on the face of the earth that says
That talks about Jesus peace be up on him.
Our believe is
To belivieve in Allah
To believe in angels of Allah
To believe in all revealation (Quran, Engeel{new testament}, savior, Tawrat{old testment})
To believe in messengers of Allah
To believe in destiny that every thing is by will of Allah
To believe in judgment and resurrection day
And for the ten commandment, your and ours is the same,.
My dears if you really care about Allah and your religion pick up first your bible and look how many errors it has and then look at Quran.
Words from the lord should not have mistake and errors logically and scintificly.
And ofcours that religion goes along with science.
Please tell me what does bible say about believe in Allah spesificlly.
Quran says in chapter 112 Say. He is Allah the uniquely one.1 Allah, the eternal, absolute.2
He begetteth not. Nor is he begotten.3 and there is none like unto him.

[quote="reca, post:10, topic:309957"]
Lol my dears,
That is your point of view about muslims. Let me to clear one point for you
No muslim is a true muslim until he or she believes in all revealations and messengers
Specially Jesus peace and blessing of almighty allah be on him.
Secondly if you can't answer or argue on an issue just admit it, no one has full knowledge.
You didn't answer my questions at all, all of you so you start blaming islam and quran.
No one is enemy of christianity but the changed bible and laws.
Look arround and be honest with your self at least.
Jesus peace be up on him said him self that i have manythings to say unto you, but you can
Not bear them now, so shall the spirit of the truth come HE will guideyou
and HE will glorify me.
You asleep nation open your eyes, ear and minds, read the noble
Quran and see that Quran is the only religious book on the face of the earth that says
That talks about Jesus peace be up on him.
Our believe is
To belivieve in Allah
To believe in angels of Allah
To believe in all revealation (Quran, Engeel{new testament}, savior, Tawrat{old testment})
To believe in messengers of Allah
To believe in destiny that every thing is by will of Allah
To believe in judgment and resurrection day
And for the ten commandment, your and ours is the same,.
My dears if you really care about Allah and your religion pick up first your bible and look how many errors it has and then look at Quran.
Words from the lord should not have mistake and errors logically and scintificly.
And ofcours that religion goes along with science.
Please tell me what does bible say about believe in Allah spesificlly.
Quran says in chapter 112 Say. He is Allah the uniquely one.1 Allah, the eternal, absolute.2
He begetteth not. Nor is he begotten.3 and there is none like unto him.

[/quote]

I am not well informed, please tell me how old Islam is?
3, No there is none like unto Him, Jesus, being God, upholds that.
:) We did answer/address many of your questions, you refuse to acknowlege or address what has already been stated, so how may we proceed?

[/quote]

I cannot recall a single incident in which Our Lord, a Jew, denounced someone of another faith. He often rebuked hypocrisy in His fellow Jews.

As to St. Paul, St. James and the other writers of the epistles, I do not recall any of them either denouncing those other than fellow Christians for not living up to the New Covenant teachings, and some criticism of their fellow Jews for not recognizing Jesus as the promised Messiah.

If you are aware of instances where the NT writers verbally chastised or attacked non-Jewish or non-Christian people, could you give the Scripture references?

[quote="reca, post:1, topic:309957"]
Hello ever one,
How do you believe in god, and how does trinity came inside the christianity?
Why bible says day and night was created before creation of sun and moon, and moon has its own light?
I have seen many unscientific portions which i have asked any one got no reply.
Specially about falsification test on Mark

[/quote]

*concept of god in chridtianity?
Hello ever one,

One: How do you believe in god, and how does trinity came inside the christianity?
Second:There is no verse in the bible about trinity?
Third; Why bible says day and night was created before creation of sun and moon, and moon has its own light?

Welcome sir, may God bless You always

1. By faith through reason and the grace of God ...

2. Here is just a few verses
    *Matthew 28:19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

The Trinity may also be discovered in Genesis 1: 1-3 in light of John 1: 1-3, 14 and Rev 1: 8.

Gen 1:-3
[1]In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. [2] And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters. [3] And God said: Be light made. And light was made.

Jn 1: 1-3, 14
[1]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made; ... [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw his glory, the glory as it were of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1. As far as I know God only knows everything about that event. Even many scientists can say the universe has a beginning. Catholics believe that God instituted a church to talk, teach, and promulgate the Word of God. **

( you may also want to search this site a bit more and the second one I linked to )

Merry Christmas and happy new Year
God bless You again

:thumbsup: Wish I had that kind of calm… :slight_smile:

We believe there is one God in three persons.
CCC #253 The Trinity is One. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the “consubstantial Trinity”.

To understand Catholic teaching on the Trinity, I would suggest reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church section covering that topic. (Paragraphs 199 through 260. See especially paragraphs 249-260).
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P16.HTM (Just click on “Next” to continue reading.)

and how does trinity came inside the christianity?

The teaching comes from Scripture – but the particular word, later coined to designate that truth taught in Scripture, does not occur in the Bible. Here are just a few of the NT Scripture passages that express that truth:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Mt. 3:16-17 And when Jesus was baptized,…and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him, and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

Mt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. (note the singular “name”, not “names”)

John 10:10 I and the Father are one.

John 15:26 But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me.

Acts. 5:3-4 “…Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit… You have not lied to men but to God.”

Romans 8:9 “…if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Any one who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.”

The days and nights of Genesis obviously do not refer to the 24 hour solar days. Genesis itself tells us God did not create the sun until the “fourth day”. Regarding what is meant by “day”, what we know from Genesis is that “one day” consisted of a period of light and a period of darkness. Gen 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. (Light and darkness can have more than one meaning in Scripture.)

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.
And, welcome to the Catholic Answer Forum

Reca, have you read the rules? (see below) This kind of posting is not allowed. I tell you this to be friendly; if you have genuine questions, you’re in the right place. If you are only here to tell us all off for not reading and/or believing in the Quran, you’ll probably wind up being banned. You will not be the first, unfortunately.

OTOH, we have been blessed with several Muslims who have defended their faith with both good manners and intelligence. I hope you will be one of them!

The relevant rules:

1. Do not view the discussion area as a vehicle for single-mindedly promoting an agenda.
  2. Non-Catholics are welcome to participate but must be respectful of the faith of the Catholics participating on the board.
  3. Catholics must be charitable in their discussions about non-Catholic belief and practice.

All the rules are here.

Dear brother,
Thanks for information, but those verses you are quoting, god knows how many time has been removed from the bible and putten in back. Please go on you tube and type in search
Box Dr. Zakir nail vs. Dr. william campbell - the Quran and the bible
In the light of science.
Please watch it
I am giving u this option because there are many things to say but here is not enough
And one brother said how old is island.
From the creation of the adam there was , is and will be inshahallah island, and essoah will prove it inshahallah in his second coming, and by the way one of brothers said his name is christian and he is catholic lol what does catholic means, what is the meaning of christ and where is it came from, and by the way the bible that you have is not even original its a translated copy from the greek, i know why is wrong where and as per knowledge about Jesus and laws we muslim are more christian then chritians them self

[quote="reca, post:17, topic:309957"]
Dear brother,
Thanks for information, but those verses you are quoting, god knows how many time has been removed from the bible and putten in back. Please go on you tube and type in search
Box Dr. Zakir nail vs. Dr. william campbell - the Quran and the bible
In the light of science.
Please watch it
I am giving u this option because there are many things to say but here is not enough
And one brother said how old is island.
From the creation of the adam there was , is and will be inshahallah island, and essoah will prove it inshahallah in his second coming, and by the way one of brothers said his name is christian and he is catholic lol what does catholic means, what is the meaning of christ and where is it came from, **and by the way the bible that you have is not even original its a translated copy from the greek, **i know why is wrong where and as per knowledge about Jesus and laws we muslim are more christian then chritians them self

[/quote]

The Bible was composited by the early Fathers and Councils of the Christian Church, I find no reference to the Quaran before that time. Also, Islam is, in light of when Jesus walked this earth in Human physical form, relatively new.
So, you are saying that Sacred Scripture before Islam was even established, was changed? Yet it seems that the Moslem perception of Jesus actually came from that very Bible that you claim was changed.
I don't know everything, as I said, I am relatively uninformed... but there's a few things I do know.
As per the part I bolded, who do you think originally translated the Bible?

Have a good night.

[/quote]

Perhaps threatening to report it was a bit uncalled for as well. But that doesn't change the fact that you were a bit less than charitable in your first reply here.

and by the way the bible that you have is not even original its a translated copy from the greek

[/quote]

Well the Quran has been translated into English, and I'm sure you would find the translation just as spiritually relevant. What's so different about the Bible being translated?

Dear brother,
From the creation of the adam there was , is and will be inshahallah island, and essoah will prove it inshahallah in his second coming, and by the way one of brothers said his name is christian and he is catholic lol what does catholic means, what is the meaning of christ and where is it came from, and by the way the bible that you have is not even original its a translated copy from the greek, i know why is wrong where and as per knowledge about Jesus and laws we muslim are more christian then chritians them self

[/quote]

"Catholic" means "Universal." Which has to do with why the Bible has been translated into so many languages. Christ means "Christened One," if I remember correctly. Anyways, explain which verses have been put in and taken out so many times as you've mentioned, please?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.