Condoms available to Elementary school students

Students in Provincetown — from elementary school to high school — will be able to get free condoms at school under a recently approved policy that takes effect this fall. The rule also requires school officials to keep student requests secret, and ignore parents’ objections...

boston.com/news/education/k_12/articles/2010/06/24/condoms_secrecy_for_provincetown_pupils/

[quote="stringbeanduck, post:1, topic:203243"]
Students in Provincetown — from elementary school to high school — will be able to get free condoms at school under a recently approved policy that takes effect this fall. The rule also requires school officials to keep student requests secret, and ignore parents’ objections...

boston.com/news/education/k_12/articles/2010/06/24/condoms_secrecy_for_provincetown_pupils/

[/quote]

The culture of death is alive and well(sort of).

Can you possibly imagine what would have happened 20 years ago if a kid in elementary school was found with condoms and stated that his parents had given them to him? It would have been viewed as parental abuse. There would have been an investigation and the parents would have, at the least, been sent to parenting courses.

We are where good is called evil and evil called good.

Very few, in any, children in elementary school will be able to use a condom. They haven't reached puberty yet. So I am not sure why they would even be available - it makes no sense.

Moreover, to get a condom, the student must request it from the school nurse. That seems highly unlikely to happen at such a young age. Even in high school, its been cited by students as a barrier to getting condoms.

quote=the article in the first post chairman Grasso said any student who wants a condom, preschoolers and up, should get one.

“As the grades get lower, the possibility gets lower,’’ he said, “but we’re not going to pick an age.’’
[/quote]

erm... that is just silly. Yes, there is a certain logic to it, but there comes a point when logic contradicts reason.

originally posted by Dale_M
Moreover, to get a condom, the student must request it from the school nurse. That seems highly unlikely to happen at such a young age.

The Middle school here(Grs.6-8) is near Planned Parenthood and these young 11 or 12 year olders are always in there because they use the condoms as balloons and PP gives them stickers which they stick on their notebooks( I'd scan one so you could see but don't think I could post it on the forum) and candy(big bowl).

The name of the sticker campaign is call "Just Wear it". It's on the web.

condompower.com/

Stickers, T-Shirts, and the romantic rose condom. And they give the kids these stickers? They shouldn't even be in the place.

originally posted by aicirt
And they give the kids these stickers?

I have the stickers because I wanted proof of what they are constantly handing out but we have no parental laws and the police can do nothing. The school must know it is going.(I took photos of the kids with their condom bags to show to police.)

This is the main sticker that the kids here like and stick on their notebooks.

flickr.com/photos/hagner_james/3235691574/

The two year olds that go in with their parents come out with round green stickers on shirts that say "Got tested?"

Very few, in any, children in elementary school will be able to use a condom. They haven't reached puberty yet. So I am not sure why they would even be available - it makes no sense.

Oh I agree. In cases like these where middle and elementary schools are making condoms more available to kids, it gives the idea that sex / sexual experimentation is normal. Seems like the message for kids to wait until marriage is unheard of now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.