Confessing a Bad Sin

A few weeks ago I gave into lust and self-pleasured myself. I was supposed to go to confession tonight, but something came up and now I can’t go. I am going next week, though. I do not remember if I’ve received the Eucharist since I committed the sin. I know I haven’t the past couple weeks, but I can’t remember if i did the first Sunday after committing it. I feel like throwing up when i think about still having this sin on my soul. i’m paranoid about something happening to me this week and dying. Would i go to hell? I know they say if you are on your way to confess something and you die God would still forgive you since you were on your way. Does this count in my case? I just don’t want God to be mad at me.

I believe that God is merciful to those who love him and strive to follow him.
So, without any catechism as reference my answer is yes.
I do trust in Jesus to be my lord and saviour and I place my hope in him.
We don’t deserve any mercy due to our own actions and/ behaviour, but we hope for Jesus to save us from our sins and if you’re truly sorry for your sins and are planning to confess em I think he’s going to show you mercy if dying before confession.

But really, confess it as soon as possible.
I know it’s tempting to delay confession, but remember how good you feel once you hear the words of absolution.
I pray that you confess as soon as you may.

Peace be with you my brother.

Your in Jesus and Mary

• MarianCatholic

Dear friend, you cannot be too repentant if you have let this awful sore fester for so long. To say “something came up” is to say “something is more important than my eternal salvation,” or, “something is more important than my God.” You should fly to the Sacrament of Reconciliation as fast as your feet can carry you and do not heap up any more sin upon yourself during these most dangerous times as a soul operating in mortal sin is prone to fall into all types of dangerous traps. Call the parish offices and set up an appointment immediately if it really is so important to you, which it sounds like it is. I commend you for your faith but your work is severely lacking. Nonetheless I believe, myself, that the good God in Heaven knows our hearts and would not let any who are His true servants suffer eternal damnation. So then, let your own consciounse guide you.

With deepest love -

Zachary

:thumbsup: I’d just like to add, make an Act of Perfect Contrition asap!

I was like you once when I thot I was in mortal sin,
I was really DEPENDING on the sacrament of
Confession to get back “on the good side” of God.
But honestly, God feels the same way! He would move
heaven and earth to reconcile us to himself! So, don’t
worry, your still in God’s hands and He is able to KEEP
you from hell.

Here’s a post I made about Mortal sins that I made
after studying up on it in the Catechism of the Catholic
Church that I think would help ease your fears:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=12037124#post12037124

"God predestines no one to go to hell; for this, a willful turning away from God (a mortal sin) is necessary,* and persistence in it until the end*. In the Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the Church implores the mercy of God, who does not want “any to perish, but all to come to repentance” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1037)

“To choose deliberately - that is, both knowing it and willing it - something gravely contrary to the divine law and to the ultimate end of man is to commit a mortal sin. This destroys in us the charity without which eternal beatitude is impossible. Unrepented, it brings eternal death” (Ibid., 1874)

Does not these teachings propose a conclusion that if one persists in confession therein is the worthwhile habit of final perseverance?

St. Clement of Alexandria speaks of the figure of Rebecca as endurance. Isaac, the husband of Rebecca and son of Abraham (our father in faith), is spoken in the same chapter as joy. These two are wedded in the gift of final perseverance. Issac, a type of Christ, represents the divinity of Jesus such that he was not slain, but yet righteously and perfectly condemned. Jesus, righteously condemned, entered the city of his condemnation on a donkey: “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Sion; tell aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh, just, meek, and bringing salvation; meek truly is He, and riding on a beast of burden, and a young colt.” (Zech 9:9) His divinity is our grace in baptism, the initiation unto the endurance of the Sacraments. “By whom he hath given us most great and precious promises: that by these you may be made partakers of the divine nature: *flying the corruption *of that concupiscence which is in the world.” (2 Pet 1:4)

St. Clement in the same chapter (cf. The Instructor, Book One, Chapter five ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf02.vi.iii.i.v.html ) cites this quote of a colt to show that those who follow the truth, run like colts toward the truth (“flying the corruption”) - trampling the cares of the world under hoof - this is a worthwhile disposition of those with final perseverance. This habitual disposition to run to confession, to run to dogma, to run to the tabernacle and altar are the habits of repentance. To all who read this: If you maintain to acquire the habits you do not need to worry about hell. Personally for me, I did everything available in the Church’s disposal except read the Scriptures night and day (cf. Ps 1). Once I did that, then God gave the gift to overcome the habitual grave sin.

The Lord loves you and sees that in your heart, you truly repent. Make a perfect act of contrition knowing that you have offended God and feeling truly sorry for doing so out of love for Him. Be at peace and know that the Lord wills that you enter Heaven. Seek refuge under the mantle of the Refuge of sinners. Seek protection from all harm from the Great Prince of the Heavenly Hosts. And do not forget about your dear friend who is always at your side.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.