Confession after 40 years

It has probably been 40 years since my friend, G, last went to confession. There are many issues, and it has taken 10 years to get to this point. She has an appointment with our priest on Wednesday at 1:30.

Please pray for her and for our priest that all goes well, and that this Christmas is a truly special one for her!

acadian,
God has chosen you to be her friend. Thank-you for bringing this to our attention!

**In the Name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be
Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our
daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us
not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.**

Amen

Depending on his/her past and present situation confession may not be allowed much less absolution. God bless.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Finally, I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.”
And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Psalm 32:5

Dear God of Heaven, we are humbled when we think that you know our sins and forgive our sins. We’re so sorry for offending you and sorry that when we sin we separate ourselves from you. Please let your spirit be with Acadian’s friend so that he may open his heart completely and be healed by your grace. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Lord, thank you for working this miracle of conversion in acadian’s friend’s life. G is always welcome to receive your forgiveness in the Sacrament of Penance … help G to be truly contrite for all her past sins with a firm resolve never to commit the same sins again. May she make any necessary changes in her life to keep her from falling into the same sins. Bless G with a very holy confession on Wednesday. Help G to make a very humble and sincere confession, and help her priest to be merciful, loving, gentle and just: just like you are. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

**In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

Holy Virgin Mary, there is no one like Thee born in the world among women.

Daughter and Handmaid of the Most Highest King, the Heavenly Father, Mother of Our Most Holy Lord Jesus Christ, Spouse of the Holy Ghost:

Pray for us, and for G, with St. Michael the Archangel and all the powers of Heaven and all the Saints before Thy Most Holy and Beloved Son, the Lord and Master.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.**

Heavenly Father:

Please bless G with the wonders of confession and absolution. Please bring her back into Your fold and welcome her with open arms. Please help her to know the joys and freedom that a good confession bring.

Thank you Father.

Amen

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen. ***

Praying for your friend …

**In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

Holy Virgin Mary, there is no one like Thee born in the world among women.

Daughter and Handmaid of the Most Highest King, the Heavenly Father, Mother of Our Most Holy Lord Jesus Christ, Spouse of the Holy Ghost:

Pray for us and for “G” with St. Michael the Archangel and all the powers of Heaven and all the Saints before Thy Most Holy and Beloved Son, the Lord and Master.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.