Confession and Communion after 30+ years

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just have to share this wonderful news with everybody. My mom went to confession and took Communion after more than 30 years!!! How amazing is that? I’ve been nagging her to go for several years and prayed the Rosary a lot with this intention. This year I skipped my usual pre-Christmas speech on how she really should go and just decided to leave it.
So, this morning we went to Mass together and when she joined the Communion line I almost fainted. She told me afterwards she wanted to surprise me and add this to my Christmas gifts. I swear I almost cried.
God is great, isn’t He? :thumbsup:

How wonderful!!

Merry Christmas:-)

Merry Christmas!

[quote="Contra_Mundum, post:1, topic:223808"]
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just have to share this wonderful news with everybody. My mom went to confession and took Communion after more than 30 years!!!! How amazing is that? I've been nagging her to go for several years and prayed the Rosary a lot with this intention. This year I skipped my usual pre-Christmas speech on how she really should go and just decided to leave it.
So, this morning we went to Mass together and when she joined the Communion line I almost fainted. She told me afterwards she wanted to surprise me and add this to my Christmas gifts. I swear I almost cried.
God is great, isn't He? :thumbsup:

[/quote]

YES HE IS!!!!!!! That is just wonderful. I hope she found the peace of Christ after her confession and felt His loving Presence in the Eucharist!

Merry Christmas, I think this will be one you will remember for a long time.

:D

You must have Jesus' ear. Can you pray that I win the lottery???

[quote="Annsy, post:5, topic:223808"]
You must have Jesus' ear. Can you pray that I win the lottery???

[/quote]

I'm sorry but is this supposed to be funny?

Merry Christmas.

Thank you Jesus! God is good.

=Contra Mundum;7397802]Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just have to share this wonderful news with everybody. My mom went to confession and took Communion after more than 30 years!!!! How amazing is that? I've been nagging her to go for several years and prayed the Rosary a lot with this intention. This year I skipped my usual pre-Christmas speech on how she really should go and just decided to leave it.
God is great, isn't He? :thumbsup:

:D Best Christmas present I have ever heard of! :thumbsup:

GOD's Blessings to you BOTH!

Contra Mundum
How wonderful!! Your mother has my blessings as you do as well. The Scots are pretty adamant in what they do and your mother’s “conversion” is a huge step for her. I wish you both the best and will keep her in my prayers that she continue in this wonderful direction. I too was away for 30 years, back now for 8 months, the peace and joy I feel are so great I don’t know why I left. So many graces and blessings have I had since. And today was my first Christmas Mass in that amount of time. I read today at Mass which made it extra special. Truly a wonderful day for you as well, and what a beautiful gift from her and God. God bless you both.
By the way, am half Scottish (father)–via Edinburgh and Glascow. :slight_smile:

What a wonderful gift and a blessed day for both of you.

My mom did the same thing for me on Easter in '09. It was one of the best gifts I’ve ever received!

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read here at CAF! Thanks so much for sharing. I actually got wonderful "chills" up and down when I read it - the same as I sometimes get during very special parts of the Mass. Don't know if anyone else ever gets these, but they're like beautiful hugs from Our Lord.
God's blessings to you and your Mom! What a joyful Christmas gift for you both!

[quote="bmaj, post:12, topic:223808"]
This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read here at CAF! Thanks so much for sharing. I actually got wonderful "chills" up and down when I read it - the same as I sometimes get during very special parts of the Mass. Don't know if anyone else ever gets these, but they're like beautiful hugs from Our Lord.
God's blessings to you and your Mom! What a joyful Christmas gift for you both!

[/quote]

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me when people understand such things and share in the joy.

Merry Christmas and God bless!

[quote="GKCT, post:9, topic:223808"]
Contra Mundum
I wish you both the best and will keep her in my prayers that she continue in this wonderful direction. I too was away for 30 years, back now for 8 months, the peace and joy I feel are so great I don't know why I left.

[/quote]

Wow, that is wonderful news! welcome home.
And thank you for the prayers, much appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.