Confession?...explain

rstanding the concept of this Sacrament.

Could you restate your question?

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Read article 4 of the Catechism

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c2a4.htm#1422

Here is a quick video

We sin, we move away from Gods love grace and mercy. We attend the sacrament of Reconcilliation, say sorry, and move back towards Gods love grace and mercy. And wash our souls clean of sin.

This Sacrament also gives us many graces

IMO, the primary difference between the RCC and all other Christian denominations is that the CC believes in a God that is present in the church, HE established. Protestant denominations believe, at least from a present day standpoint, Jesus lived 2000 years ago, expounded a gospel captured in a book (established by the RCC) called the Bible, returned to Heaven and sits next to the Father. More of a historical approach.

In the RCC Jesus is alive and with us now in the sacraments. Actually present. Christ gave the apostles the command to “forgive men’s sins” and HIS church does that through a process called Reconciliation or “confession” Through a man consecrated to HIS service, a priest of the RCC, we are forgiven our sins and brought back to a life we wandered away from in sinning. That priest has the authority and power to forgive sins through the command of Jesus through the Church the Holy Spirit guides.

This is not the fact for every Protestant denomination I know of. They teach that God is present, that Jesus is with us every day, that the Holy Spirit guides every Christian.

Point of clarity. The RCC believes that Jesus is actually physically present in the sacraments of the RCC when expressed by a priest consecrated to his service by the sacrament of Holy Orders. Yes, protestants believe that Jesus is present in HIS world, but what are sacraments in which the Lord is physically present in the RCC are generally symbolism, simply ordinances, or non-existent in their concept of “church”.

Much more clarified :slight_smile:

Anglicans belive in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist, we just dont get hung up on the definition of the mystery of how that presence is achieved.

Thanks for the insight. One denomination believes in the presence of the Lord in the Eucharist. One denomination believing in one instance of the Lord’s presence out of the 35,000 various “churches” having nothing to do with the RCC. Impressive statistic!

Not one instance, every mass.

Again, one denomination out of 35,000 believes in the actual presence of Christ in one institution. Forget the other six sacraments of the church for the Anglicans and all seven for the other 34,999. Jesus lives in the RCC, we believe that because HE said so. Anglicans believe in one instance only, and because they say so, not Christ.

I’m confused. Didn’t you just convert to Catholicism? Presumably you received the sacrament of your first Reconciliation. Was the “concept” of it not explained to you in your RCIA classes? They should have addressed this.

It might help to make your question more specific, if there’s a particular aspect of the sacrament you are not clear about.

We didn’t have to make our confession before first mass - I knew that this was wrong and went myself. So it’s possible she wasn’t catechised properly. I also got stopped by Father part way through my first confession and told I had said ‘enough’ so I am still working through my first confession each time I go

You are a Catholic so I don’t understand why you would ask such a question. A Catholic should know this!

She’s a new convert and if you had read my reply you can see that not all RCiAs run perfectly

How do you know that? She has made no comment other than the first post!!

She is we’ve spoken before

How would anyone in this thread know that? We can only comment on what we know!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.