Confession Question

I just had a question about a recent confession I had that has me a little bit worried to say the least.
I was under the impression that when a priest hears a confession, he’s suppose to be wearing a “stole” or an “alb” or something, I apologize as I don’t remember what it’s called, but I remember after the priest was done with confessions and after he had walked out of the confessional, I’m pretty certain he was just wearing his normal black clothes priests usually wear. I guess it’s possible he could have had the proper attire in the confessional already and just took it off before he left.
Anyway, should this be something I should worry about, or just trust that my sins, including possible mortal sins were forgiven?
Thanks for any help! God bless!

It could be just as you said: the priest may keep these items in the confessional. As long as the priest absolved you, I wouldn’t worry about a thing.

A priest can absolve (if he has faculties of course) in his pjamas, or whilst in the bath. Clothes do not matter for the sake of validity. It is proper that he wear the stole, but it’s not strictly necessary for absolution.

=suko;6767874]I just had a question about a recent confession I had that has me a little bit worried to say the least.
I was under the impression that when a priest hears a confession, he’s suppose to be wearing a “stole” or an “alb” or something, I apologize as I don’t remember what it’s called, but I remember after the priest was done with confessions and after he had walked out of the confessional, I’m pretty certain he was just wearing his normal black clothes priests usually wear. I guess it’s possible he could have had the proper attire in the confessional already and just took it off before he left.
Anyway, should this be something I should worry about, or just trust that my sins, including possible mortal sins were forgiven?
Thanks for any help! God bless!

***NOT TO WORRY:D

Your speaking of a Church Practice that is to be followed but does not invalidate the Sacrament.***

I think one might compare a priest’s stole to a policeman’s badge: they symbolize authority; they don’t confer it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.