Confession this Saturday

OK, I’m going to do it. This Saturday I’ll make a pilgrimage to a Dominican Church that I used to like to visit, that’s 2 hours from here. I’m not making a big commitment here, but taking a small step to reconnect with the Catholic Church for the Advent season, and then take it from there.

I don’t really think missing Mass is a huge sin, but that will be the main topic of my confession.

So, send your pious prayers my way, and I do appreciate this forum that has been welcoming and (mostly) kind to me.

Most definitely.

Prayers your way.

God Bless you and may your confession be a wonderful experience.

Holy Mother, please help Country Gal to make a good confession.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praise God Country Gal and thank you for sharing your intentions. I hope you have a peace filled and holy experience of God’s Merciful Love.

Glenda

I will offer my Communion for you tomorrow, as well as my recitation of the Divine Office.

-ACEGC

(From one fallen away to another) I like you, I like your humour and style etc. I believe God honours any little step we take towards him. I’m glad you’re making that pilgrimage and praying for God to meet you where you are in your life. In Jesus’ name.

You go girl! Prayers comin your way!

I will remember to pray for you!

I am also headed into the confessional this saturday - I’m being received into full communion with the Church next week!

• PAX CHRISTI+

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum; benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen

Prayers for both countrygal and hotdiggity

Of course! I will be praying for you, and don’t worry about this not being a huge leap. Take small steps, and if it’s too much for you at one time, take smaller steps. There’s no need to rush. :slight_smile:

Don’t you sometimes wish these forum posts had a " like" button? You are going to be so happy that you have decided to take this step. My prayers for you!

Not fulfilling your Sunday obligation IS a huge sin. It is a sin of grave matter and anybody who knows the Church teaches that but still deliberately misses Mass commits a mortal sin.

You are in our prayers.

Welcome home. I’ll be praying for you. Feel comfortable with the priest to ask whatever you need answered. Remember God loves you. You won’t be saying or telling him anything he probably hasn’t heard before. God bless you.

Awesome! God bless you!

Something happened to make me change my mind. I’m feeling God is leading me in another direction. God bless you all.

I will continue praying for you. I hope all is well.

-ACEGC

I will continue to pray for you. God bless you.

Or it might be someone trying to pull you away from God.

It has been my experience that very frequently, the more resolute people are to encounter our Lord and work to be in communion with Him, the harder the Evil One works to distract us.

Would you consider going to the priest anyway, just to talk? And to ask for help in making this Advent season meaningful and hope-filled for you? You might not feel ready to commit to returning to the sacraments, but that doesn’t mean you can’t see a priest.

Know that our Lord loves you with all His heart, no matter what, and that the Holy Spirit is gracing you beyond measure.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.