Confirmation gift for my daughter

Hello, all

My beautiful 13 year old daughter will be confirmed next month. I would like to get her a medal...I was thinking first of the Saint that she chose (St Josephine Bahkita)...but then I thought maybe a Miraculous medal? I would like to foster a devotion and love for the Blessed Mother in her, that might last her a lifetime....not to mention that I just think there are a lot more choices of style in a Miraculous medal, and therefore a better chance of finding something that is my daughters style and therefore increase the chances she will wear it.

But I thought...SHE chose St Josephine, so maybe I should go with that as more meaningful...what would you say?

Why not both? Find something like a holy card for St. Josephine and a medal for the Blessed Mother. Congratulations to your daughter, God bless her.

Hi, give her a Josephine Bakhita, then after it, or when her grades are high or when she passed the exams, give her the miraculous medal, just a tought

[quote="mountee, post:2, topic:323564"]
Why not both? Find something like a holy card for St. Josephine and a medal for the Blessed Mother. Congratulations to your daughter, God bless her.

[/quote]

All I could think when I read that was this:

youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

Yours are okay, but we can use this option,
for confirmation, give the Josephine Bakhita and when she delights you, give her the miraculous medal, just a tought.

^ this

Honor what is important to her by choosing her patron saint. Some other time you can honor what is important to you.

you can give her a miraculous medal at any time you desire to if there even needs to be an occasion but if you so much want her to have a micarculous medal then do so but at a seperate time since confirmation is her day rather than specifically what you want for her if you catch my drift.

You can show support of her chosen saint now by given her that confirmation gift. She will think at least you have taken notice of her choice of saint and respect her for it and give her confidence to believe in her decisions. Then when she really needs to share her thoughts with you, she knows she can because you accepted her very early choices if you catch that drift too…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.