Confirmation Gift

My son is being Confirmed in 2 weeks. He has a Rosary, a Crucifix, etc - all the typical gifts you would give a young Catholic.

At this point, he is very interested in learning more about the Bible and the Catholic faith. I am looking for a book that can help answer some of his questions.

Any suggestions on a book like this that I could give him as part of his Confirmation gift?

Thanks.

[quote="wonderingmom, post:1, topic:238619"]
My son is being Confirmed in 2 weeks. He has a Rosary, a Crucifix, etc - all the typical gifts you would give a young Catholic.

At this point, he is very interested in learning more about the Bible and the Catholic faith. I am looking for a book that can help answer some of his questions.

Any suggestions on a book like this that I could give him as part of his Confirmation gift?

Thanks.

[/quote]

The Catholic Answer Bible would be great. It has all the "usual suspects" when it comes to apologetics and provides answers with Scripture and the Catechism. thencab.com/

I have found some :) I hope it helps

Catholic and Christian for Young Adults by Alan Schreck

Fireside Catholic Youth Bible

Did Jesus Have a Last Name? And 199 other questions from Catholic teenagers

May God's Peace, Love, Mercy, Blessings & Graces be with you and to all!

Congratulations to your son's upcoming confirmation. What a blessing! It is good that your son is very much interested in learning more about our awesome Catholic faith. Our Good Lord surely is showering him with lots of graces.

You could never go wrong with the books written by Patrick Madrid - Where is that in the Bible, Why is that Tradition, Answer Me This, Pope Fiction, Surprised by the Truth are all very good books to have. You can visit the website below for a full listing of his books.

surprisedbytruth.com/

Another great author & theologian is Scott Hahn. Your son will definitely learn a lot & will come to love & appreciate his Catholic faith more. He will definitely be fired up with his Catholic faith after reading Scott Hahn's books. Among his writings are The Lamb's Supper, Lord have Mercy, the healing power of Confession, Faith Charts, Bible at a Glance, Rome Sweet Home. For a full listing of his work, visit the website below.

scotthahn.com/scott-hahn-books.html

Regarding the Bible, please get a Catholic Bible such as New American Bible because the Protestant bible such as the King James version is missing 7 books. You want to have the fullness of Truth not just part of it so get a Catholic Bible.

Hope this helps. Take care & God bless!

Praying for you and for all!

A saint medal of whatever saint he has chosen would be a decent choice as well if you need something else.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.