Confirmation program text: Confirmed in a Faithful Community

Has anyone completed a confirmation program with this text or seen a solid catholic review of the material? This is authored by Thomas Zanzig.

My impression is this series is not as faithful and effective as the Faith and Life series and the Didache series offered by Ignatius Press.

Any leads are appreciated.

usccb.org/about/evangelization-and-catechesis/subcommittee-on-catechism/upload/Current-Conformity-List.pdf

usccb.org/about/evangelization-and-catechesis/subcommittee-on-catechism/conformity-review/

I think that there is a big difference between being faithful and being effective. Being effective really depends on the audience and on the teacher.
I personally find that I have serious difficulties teaching with some books that are quite faithful. They simply do not match at all with the way I think and thus if I follow those books I sound like the economics teacher in the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".:o

[quote="Samuel63, post:1, topic:290446"]
Has anyone completed a confirmation program with this text or seen a solid catholic review of the material? This is authored by Thomas Zanzig.

My impression is this series is not as faithful and effective as the Faith and Life series and the Didache series offered by Ignatius Press.

Any leads are appreciated.

[/quote]

That's not really a fair comparison. The Faith and Life series is a comprehensive catechism series for grade school children and the Didache series is a theology series for Catholic high school students. Neither is a Confirmation program.

Thanks everyone! This was helpful.

The reviews provided by the USCCB affirm the text we had been using the past few years which is titled "Blest Are We." I can tell you this is a poor resource to teach with. I tought all grade levels in this program and by the end could not believe we actually paid for it.

While using Blest Are We in a traditional CCD program, I purchased the student handbooks for the Faith and Life series from Ignatius Press. We read these as a family at home during dinner. There is no comparison between the two programs. Faith and Life is the hands down winner.

Are there any online resources that rank the quality, and faithfulness of these programs? Why are parents left wondering whether they are paying for good material?

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.