Confused again

Regarding the seal of Confession thread that was closed and that really irks me. I didn’t see any name calling or other general bad behavior. Someone really needs to say why this was locked "pending the input of an APOLOGIST."
I thought that this was an open discussion forum and that the ASK AN APOLOGIST was it’s own forum?
I’m not saying that I do not want to hear what my fellow apologists have to say. All I’m saying is if you want to participate then participate, don’t take over the discussion unless there is a clear need and you explain why!

I will no longer post here until I receive an adequate answer.

Br. Rich, SFO

Br Rich:

It may because of the myriad of answers and responses (some on the testy side) that were being given. I think they want to give more of an official answer to direct the discussion in a more focused direction.

Besides, it is only “Pending” an answer from an apologist (probabaly Fr Vincent). It will probably be opened back up after the answer.

PF

In addition to what WanderAimlessly said, don’t forget that the moderators would prefer you PM them with questions concerning actions they are taking then discussing it on the open forum. PM the moderator that locked the thread.

[quote=WanderAimlessly](some on the testy side)
[/quote]

Some responses were a little bit on the testy side but overall, I believe that while having different opinions, we remained respectful of one another and the thread should have been allowed to continue.

I, for one, would like to get to a final answer on the subject given the fact that there appears to be strong evidence for both sides and which ever side is correct, will need to address the evidence supporting the opposing view.

After all, aren’t we all here to share what we know and learn what we don’t?

Still waiting? The thread was locked on the 16th? When will we have the (official) apologist comments and when will the original thread be unlocked for further discussion?

I had the ability to pose this to a canon lawyer and tribunal judge today and got their view of canon 983 and 984.

Bro. Rich, if you can’t accept the occasional arbitrary and unexplained exercise of authority by faceless people in positions of power, Catholicism may not be the right religion for you…

[JOKE, people. JOKE. Please don’t ban me. Apologia100 and TheBarrister put me up to it. Ban them instead.]

I believe that while having different opinions, we remained respectful of one another and the thread should have

remaining respectful around here shouldn’t be a problem… :eek:

Br. Rich, can you post your findings here? I am most interested in hearing an “official” position regarding this matter. As I stated, I based my position on the replies given by Father Peter M. J. Stravinskas in his bi-monthly magazine called The Catholic Answer. That position has been supported by other priests that I’ve encountered on spiritual retreats as well as by some on the web. Again, I would be most interested in discussing this topic further.

Perhaps a better title would be “How absolute is the Seal of Confession”.

[quote=Penny Plain]Bro. Rich, if you can’t accept the occasional arbitrary and unexplained exercise of authority by faceless people in positions of power, Catholicism may not be the right religion for you…

[/quote]

:rotfl:

If there is a question as to why a thread is closed, please do contact a moderator through pm. I will get the request out that there is a bit of an explanation as to why the thread was closed. Thank you, everyone, for the time you spend here and the research you do to help other members with their questions. Thank you for your patience with the closed threads.

Since this question has been answered, this thread is closed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.