Confused Coincidences

Hello I'm 27, Last year I atended the pre-seminar, I was almost a week there because I had some vocation doubts, not because I feel attracted to being a priest but because I had some dreams about me being one. When I was there I felt that wasn't my place, I wanted to be outside in my secular life which I love.
At some point this year I asked lord a sign telling him if he wanted me to change my life, I didn't receive such sign.

Time passed and last night, I had a dream that the priest of my parish told me to become a priest, and I woke up confused. This morning I met him in the traffic. It was a big coincidence. I wonder if this is a call to become a priest.

I definitely don't want to leave my current state, as I think I can serve better as a secular person than a religious. Also I've heard that the first sign of a vocation is the attraction to life or even the curiosity and I have none of them.

What are your opinions?
Regards.

Sounds like you are being called. :thumbsup:

[quote="nano85, post:1, topic:316717"]
Hello I'm 27, Last year I atended the pre-seminar, I was almost a week there because I had some vocation doubts, not because I feel attracted to being a priest but because I had some dreams about me being one. When I was there I felt that wasn't my place, I wanted to be outside in my secular life which I love.
At some point this year I asked lord a sign telling him if he wanted me to change my life, I didn't receive such sign.

Time passed and last night, I had a dream that the priest of my parish told me to become a priest, and I woke up confused. This morning I met him in the traffic. It was a big coincidence. I wonder if this is a call to become a priest.

I definitely don't want to leave my current state, as I think I can serve better as a secular person than a religious. Also I've heard that the first sign of a vocation is the attraction to life or even the curiosity and I have none of them.

What are your opinions?
Regards.

[/quote]

Based on what you've said I think it still needs a lot of discernment. There are many vocations and not everyone is called to be a priest. I thought about being a priest years ago and went to see the bishop. He was a wise man and after listenning to me told me if I still felt I was being called in two years to come back so we could discuss it further. By the time 2 years was up I had met and married my wife and we had a baby on the way. 37 years later I have been a cop for 35 and have eight kids.

Who says you have to be a priest right now? I know of 2 priests that were ordained late in life...they both came from successful careers as well.

God works in strange ways! Keep praying and take life as it comes - maybe a seed was planted? ;)

Much Peace!

Mike :)

A dream is just a dream. You've been thinking about all the possibilities so your mind is probably trying to figure things out. The fact that you asked the Lord for a sign that he wants you to change your life sounds like a sign in itself. You're looking for an answer, but it takes time. Discernment isn't instant. Focus on living in Christ in your daily life. If and when you are called you will be ready.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.