Congo bishop urges Obama: Stop the Lord's Resistance Army [CWN]

A bishop in the northeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo has joined human rights groups in calling upon President Barack Obama to intervene to halt attacks by the Lord's Resistance ...

More...

The LRA is a semi-Christian terrorist organization and militia which has been committing atrocities for over 20 years. The bulk of their soldiers are kidnapped children, who are easily replaced by raiding villages and schools. Typically, the children are forced to commit some horrible act in their community so they cannot return home.

The US has been unwilling to get directly involved in this conflict during the previous three presidents. I don’t think President Obama is likely to change course. The military commitments in the Middle East and Afghanistan are sizable and North Korea is acting up.

from wiki regarding this syncretist nightmare:

*The Lord's Resistance Army (also Lord's Resistance Movement or Lakwena Part Two) is a sectarian Christian militant group based in northern Uganda.

The group was formed in 1987 and is engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government in what is now one of Africa's longest-running conflicts. It is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself the "spokesperson" of God and a spirit medium, primarily of the Holy Spirit, which the Acholi believe can represent itself in many manifestations.3]

The group asserts itself to be Christian and is influenced by a blend of Mysticism, Islam, and traditional religion,[and claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and Acholi tradition.*

thinking about this is truly making me sick. it's bad enough that the earth has yet again another person claiming to speak for God by the Holy Spirit, but to commit such atrocious crimes and then dare to say they are following our Lord and His 10 commandments is more than i can take. more political power grabs creating some bogus religious hybrid to acquire as many dunces as possible.

praying for all of africa.*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.