Congratulations to all Catechumens and Candidates!

An early congratulations to you all coming into the Church today on this Easter Vigil! I hope you’re all excited! Be prayerful, eat beforehand, and rejoice!

21 Likes

Thank you!!! :hugs::dove::pray::church::rose:

9 Likes

Thank you so much! I have had a lovely day with surprise visits from family members and pleasant fun with my children. My youngest daughter has begged to be able to come to the vigil tonight ( My husband will be home with the other children) and I decided to let her, so she has been like an excited jumping bean all day ( she is 12). We are just having tea, and then getting ready to go. My heart is a little overwhelmed, and I know I am going to cry!!

12 Likes

Headed to practice and first confession now. Little nervous lol

11 Likes

Been there, done that 13 years ago. Still have the t-shirt :smiley:

D

2 Likes

Welcome home @JoyToTheWhirled, @Pup7; @JanSobieskiIII, @Kathleen18 and all the others I’ve forgotten.

9 Likes

Thank you!!! :smile::church::hatching_chick::pray:

4 Likes

Many thanks! Am extremely nervous, pacing about the room, and not sure what to do with the extra time … except pray, of course. Thanks for starting the line of thought that ended with that notion!

8 Likes

@Fauken beat me to it. I was planning the welcome home party thread for tomorrow.

4 Likes

I like more then one party!!! :wink::champagne::tada::balloon::confetti_ball::fireworks:

3 Likes

No problem! Pray and breathe! :smiley:

1 Like

:birthday:. Wait a minute are you Catholic yet? Happy Easter to all.

2 Likes

Nope, not yet!

Thank you! I’m still a few hours away as I’m on the West Coast.

Laughing because the first thing I will do when I get in is change my profile. :wink:

Just had a light late lunch and am going to go get ready. By nine PM PDT I will be Home. :wink:

7 Likes

EVERY BLESSING & GRACE to you today and always and WELCOME HOME!

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::sob:

Hi guys! I am a brand shiny new Catholic!!!

Father C told me I made him cry when I received communion for the first time because I was clearly so emotional myself. Honestly, honestly, one of the hardest, easiest, most thrilling things I have done. I was so incredibly nervous, and of shell shocked afterwards. We were all invited to the presbytery for a drink at the end to receive our certificates, and everyone was so excited and we were all hugging each other.

One of the single best moments of my life :heart:

23 Likes

Congratulations! I’m right behind you!!! Just a couple more hours to go.

See you on the other side. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Praying for you!

2 Likes

I’m home. And here am I now, other side of the Tiber. Thanks to all!

11 Likes

Feels good, doesn’t it? Does your forehead still smell like chrism? :smiley:

3 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.