Congratulations to all Catechumens and Candidates!

As the choir at my parish sang for our own catechumens,

Blesséd be God, O Blesséd be God.

Welcome home to all of you. May God bless you for the days of your lives and guide your steps. And happy Easter.

2 Likes

Best believe it–the cat & chihuahua don’t know what to make of my noggin!

Confession: I was so nervous that by the time I received my first valid Communion my mouth was almost impossibly dry. Virtually all the Host stuck in & between my teeth, and almost none of it would go down my throat. So kneeling afterwards, I was in a state, trying to dig it out from my teeth and swallow it bit by bit, and making sure none of it was left on my fingers. I felt horribly disrespectful, but have no idea how else I could’ve handled it. (I was reduced to trusting that our Lord’s body has suffered far worse at our mortal hands, with far worse motives, and that He forgave us that time.)

5 Likes

I’m very upset that my parish wasn’t able to welcome any catechumens this year- the second year in a row. I hope other parishes fared better than ours, and will be praying for all those who were received into the Church tonight.

As a suggestion for for the future, press the host to the roof of your mouth!

1 Like

I’ll get another chance to do it right in the morning, Fauken. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem! Now get some sleep! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think in our parish we were the first in many years

Last night was lovely, the people there were so welcoming to us. I was really nervous about being in front of everyone, but actually I didn’t notice them at all just focused on the priest and what I needed to do.

3 Likes

Slight pause whilst I adjust my profile. :slight_smile:

It does. It’s a scent I’ll never forget.

Second best thing of the night: the priest who took my first confession enveloped me in a huge bear hug when I walked out of the chapel. It was absolutely perfect.

10 Likes

I am home!!! :blush::fireworks::church::pray::tada::smile::sunflower::dove:

13 Likes

Reading all your joyous posts have brought me to tears! Congratulations to all!

One day… one day… :pray: :church:

5 Likes

I celebrated 4 years as a Catholic by being sponsor to a young lady who was baptised.

4 Likes

My niece baby SMK also joined the Church today.

6 Likes

I came Home last night i`m so happy to be part of the church

10 Likes

That’s my next goal somewhere down this road I’m on.

3 Likes

Me too!!

Because I’d made prior plans I went to church with my brother and SIL, and nephew and his wife and kids this morning - a nondenominational service. And now I know yet another reason for why I’m Catholic…it just seemed empty and lacking. Me? I’m looking forward to next Sunday. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! I was baptized, confirmed, and had my first communion last night and it was such an incredible experience. I don’t think the words I type could even begin to convey my excitement and happiness. I haven’t stopped thinking about it all day. This has been a great resource through my conversion journey :blush:

6 Likes

all-i-said-was-im-catholic

That’s right you are going to be running for the rest of your life!

Good luck rookies!

4 Likes

Woot, woot!!! Welcome to the Church y’all!!! Now that you’re in the house make yourself at home. We different rooms for different tastes. We have the heavy incense of the Latin Mass, and the exotic Byzantine Rite. The Melkite room is to the right. Don’t know if you will be able to find the Gallican or the Mozarabic rite rooms. I haven’t yet.

Some folks from the Anglican house down the street moved in and their Ordinariate is upstairs next to the large Ordinary Form ballroom. The Coptics and the Ethiopians have the window rooms next to the gurgling river on the West Wing. The Armenians have a lovely room below them. I believe the Maronites are in the East Wing. Feel free to look into the other rooms for more interesting rites and movements.

Don’t mind the various staff you’ll see around the house. The Jesuits are in charge of educating the children. You will find the Benedictines working in the garden outside. I think the Franciscans and the Trappists are working on the foundations below. I don’t know how they keep it from crumbling down but it seems to survive pretty much any kind of weather horrors (and the fighting that happens inside the house sometimes).

If you see a man in white walking around, that is the Steward. You will find him most often in the OF ballroom but his main room is in the basement making sure everything runs smoothly. He does his best, sometimes it does not go smoothly (we’ve had a few horrible Stewards but the rest of the staff pushed on). If you can, help the Steward out here and there. He could use all the help he can get to keep the house standing. The Owner is away on business but He will be back. There are rumors he is going to tear down the house and make an even better one when he gets back. Here’s hoping. That horrible wallpaper in the…well, let’s not go there.

But until then, find a place to hang your hat and take a load off.

6 Likes

Makes little sense as to why she’d be so wound up.

Pup… there’s a scent to chrism? I know that there is supposed to be, but be darned if I can smell it.

Will be some time before I do the confirmation thing, and it will probably be without a great deal of fanfare, etc. Sometimes life hands you stuff that makes you scratch your head, but eh… it is what it is. By the time everything plays out, wonder if I’ll actually be accepted at the parish.

Congrats on joining.

I’m not sure I follow what you mean. You don’t understand why my daughter was excited?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.