[quote="tjones80, post:2, topic:345326"]
The republicans politicization of this armed attack during the war on terror with militant Islam is unfortunate. Many people have died in the war on terror and many more will die. We should pray for the souls of the dead and comfort their families. I have lost a family member in the war on terror also and I know the pain that it has caused us. However, we do not blame the President or congress for his death, but on the terrorist that took his life.
This really just adds a layer to the mysteries surrounding the event. Among them are:
1. What has never been answered is why in the world we aided the terrorist rebels in the first place. Libya was not harming us or threatening to, but was aiding us against terrorists. Why did Obama start a war in Libya?
2. Why did the terrorist organizations have anti-aircraft weapons in the first place? If, as has been reported, we gave them to them, why were there no safeguards in place to start with. We were shooting at Khaddaffi's planes. Why did they need anti-aircraft missiles?
3. What was Stevens doing in Behghazi? It was well known that it was a hotbed of terrorist organizations in rebellion against the government in Tripoli? Was he there to get them for the Turks to give to the rebels in Syria, as some have asserted? If so, why were we thinking to supply the Syrian rebels, when significant segments of the Syrian rebels are Al Qaeda aligned as well?
4. Why was there no protection other than the troops of some local warlord? Did Tripoli recommend that, or was it a private deal between the State Dept and some questionable warlord?
5. Why were the agents in Tripoli told to "stand down" during the attack?
6. Why did Obama's agents lie about the nature of the attack? Was it to hide it from voters prior to the election, or was it even worse? Remember that the supposed perpetrator of the film was hounded and jailed. Was the false claim aimed at suppressing any criticism of Islam, as the same was depicted on the film? Was this, like "Fast and Furious" a bogus assertion aimed at further reducing American constitutional rights?
7. And now this. Why did the attackers know the location of the "safe room". How did they know? Were the aligned with the "guarding" warlord troops upon which we relied, or the builders? Why were any of them trusted?
8. What is the actual policy of this government regarding Islamic terrorist groups? Obama has supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. He handed at least half of Libya over to Al Quaeda groups. He tried to aid the Syrian rebels. He seems to support Islamic uprisings...any uprising, as long as he thinks it's indigenous. He is presently "negotiating" with Iran over nukes, in a deal that even the French found unwise, and that Israel finds abhorrent.
I'm not a Republican, but I would sure like to know the answers to these things. And why is this administration hiding everything? Is it so bad this government knows the American people would go ballistic if they knew the truth?