Congressman goes berserk

I wonder if this will have an effect on Democrat Etheridge's re-election chances?

abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7496362

youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCRGlrFABk

Another question: just who are the "students" trying to interview the guy?

Or maybe Etheridge and the Democrat nominee from S. Carolina can join forces and form their own party? Bizarre.

Ishii

Who are the students? The Congressman’s boss is who. What a shameful “public servant” overlord who thinks he has a “right” to know the identity of his constituent/boss he meets on the street, and to assault with impunity.

This cannot be good for his re-election campaign. At least he had the good sense to apologize, albeit after the fact.

Etheridge must be a Republican plant...Olbermann should get on this story....

[quote="stinkcat_14, post:3, topic:201905"]
This cannot be good for his re-election campaign. At least he had the good sense to apologize, albeit after the fact.

[/quote]

He apologized because of the video. That's it. No sincerity behind it, just political survival ... or he hopes so.

This man is a punk and a thug in a suit. But to many Democrat voters, only two thoughts are operative: He's not a Republican, and he's offering me a dollar more of other people's money than the other guy. Therefore, he's got my vote. Wonder why our once great country is sinking into the abyss?
On a tangent, still 24% of Americans STRONGLY support our first Marxist President. What would it take for any of these folks to realize that the guy has been a tragic, incompetent failure? :confused: Rob

[quote="RACJ, post:6, topic:201905"]
This man is a punk and a thug in a suit. But to many Democrat voters, only two thoughts are operative: He's not a Republican, and he's offering me a dollar more of other people's money than the other guy. Therefore, he's got my vote. Wonder why our once great country is sinking into the abyss?
On a tangent, still 24% of Americans STRONGLY support our first Marxist President. What would it take for any of these folks to realize that the guy has been a tragic, incompetent failure? :confused: Rob

[/quote]

To paraphrase former President Reagen, perhaps in 2012 the voters will ask, "Am I better off now then I was 4 years ago." If the answer is "yes", expect them to re-elect Obama:frighten:

And please remember that many voted for Obama after asking themselves, "Am I better off now then I was 8 years ago when Bush took office?":crying:

"And do I have any reason to believe things will be better if the Republicans remain in the White House for another 4 years.":dts::dts:

I love this comment in the article:

“…we all lose our cool and I think in similar situations we wouldn’t fare much better. I’m glad I am not followed by camera crews when my temper is tested,” wrote Kyla Marks on Facebook.

Not all of us lose our cool to the point where we grab people by the neck and shoulders and refuse to let go. :rolleyes: Perhaps Congressman Etheridge has never heard of assault and battery?

[quote="tr1strev, post:5, topic:201905"]
He apologized because of the video. That's it. No sincerity behind it, just political survival ... or he hopes so.

[/quote]

While I don't know his motive, you may well be right. I am not sure that there is a politician on either side who has any legitimate sincerity in anything except maintaining power.

[quote="BVM_1221, post:7, topic:201905"]
To paraphrase former President Reagen, perhaps in 2012 the voters will ask, "Am I better off now then I was 4 years ago." If the answer is "yes", expect them to re-elect Obama:frighten:

And please remember that many voted for Obama after asking themselves, "Am I better off now then I was 8 years ago when Bush took office?":crying:

"And do I have any reason to believe things will be better if the Republicans remain in the White House for another 4 years.":dts::dts:

[/quote]

In part, McCain's inept campaign contributed to Obama's win. There was no talk of Obama's Marxist and ACORN ties, and no emphasizing of his membership in the nutty, radical, hate-filled black "church". Moreover, Obama himself SUED Citibank for not granting irrational loans to minorities, but you'd never know this if you followed McCain's camp. 
Americans became worse off b/c of the inexcusable mortgage collapse and subsequent bailouts, followed by huge unemployment. No GOP leaders had the guts to tag Democrats with obstructing reform, as Barney Frank, Chris Dood and other Dems on the banking committee were guilty of this many times(17X the Bush administration brought Fannie and Freddie reform measures to Congress, all shot down!). 

Go ahead, though. Keep rationalizing nefariousness and incompetence on the parts of the leftists, continue voting for them, and watch our nation's collapse continue. Even electing people who understand Constitutional principles may not be enough at this point. We blew it; we elected Obama. :blush: Rob

That's the famous rationalization that Democrat voters use to justify selecting those of horrendous ethics: Everyone is the same! REALLY? Then why vote at all??? :( Rob

[quote="RACJ, post:11, topic:201905"]
That's the famous rationalization that Democrat voters use to justify selecting those of horrendous ethics: Everyone is the same! REALLY? Then why vote at all??? :( Rob

[/quote]

Are you really going to try and suggest that republicans are really more virtuous than democrats? I have not voted for a democrat in 25 years but I have never voted for a decent and honorable candidate.

[quote="stinkcat_14, post:12, topic:201905"]
Are you really going to try and suggest that republicans are really more virtuous than democrats?

[/quote]

They might not be in their personal lives. I couldn't say. But I do know that most of the Repubs are willing to vote prolife, whereas virtually no Dem is.

The congressman apologized:

hotair.com/archives/2010/06/14/etheridge-on-the-assault-id-had-a-long-day-but-thats-no-excuse/

"I'm sorry, I apologize," Rep. Bob Etheridge (D-NC) said at a press conference.

"No matter how partisan politics have become, there is no excuse," he said.

He took questions from the press and apologized several times throughout the presser.

realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/14/dem_rep_etheridge_apologizes_for_unacceptable_actions.html

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:38, topic:201214"]
Kindly, then, point out to me a series of threads by the same person (possibly three persons would be better) whose titles identify some wrongdoing of some obscure Democrats.

[/quote]

Asked and answered.

The way you answer the Congressman’s question of “who are you?” is “I am your boss!” Simply and to the point. These guys need to get off their high horse and remember just exactly who it is they work for.

[quote="gilliam, post:14, topic:201905"]
The congressman apologized:

hotair.com/archives/2010/06/14/etheridge-on-the-assault-id-had-a-long-day-but-thats-no-excuse/

"I'm sorry, I apologize," Rep. Bob Etheridge (D-NC) said at a press conference.

"No matter how partisan politics have become, there is no excuse," he said.

He took questions from the press and apologized several times throughout the presser.

realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/14/dem_rep_etheridge_apologizes_for_unacceptable_actions.html

[/quote]

His apology seemed pretty genuine to me. The press kept trying to goad him into excuses and/or blaming Republicans, but he didn't do it. Of course, it won't stop the press from doing it....

My take, as the Congressman said in his apology, is that regardless of the identity, motives, etc. of the interviewers, there is no excuse for his reaction.

[quote="RACJ, post:10, topic:201905"]
In part, McCain's inept campaign contributed to Obama's win. There was no talk of Obama's Marxist and ACORN ties, and no emphasizing of his membership in the nutty, radical, hate-filled black "church". Moreover, Obama himself SUED Citibank for not granting irrational loans to minorities, but you'd never know this if you followed McCain's camp.
Americans became worse off b/c of the inexcusable mortgage collapse and subsequent bailouts, followed by huge unemployment. No GOP leaders had the guts to tag Democrats with obstructing reform, as Barney Frank, Chris Dood and other Dems on the banking committee were guilty of this many times(17X the Bush administration brought Fannie and Freddie reform measures to Congress, all shot down!).
Go ahead, though. Keep rationalizing nefariousness and incompetence on the parts of the leftists, continue voting for them, and watch our nation's collapse continue. Even electing people who understand Constitutional principles may not be enough at this point. We blew it; we elected Obama. :blush: Rob

[/quote]

Boy, talk about "contempt prior to investigation", as we say in AA :tsktsk::tsktsk::tsktsk:

For the record, I voted Libertarian. Not Democrat. So what is this "WE" stuff:confused:

"We" blew it? "We" elected Obama? :dts::dts::dts:

[quote="BVM_1221, post:18, topic:201905"]
Boy, talk about "contempt prior to investigation", as we say in AA :tsktsk::tsktsk::tsktsk:

For the record, I voted Libertarian. Not Democrat. So what is this "WE" stuff:confused:

"We" blew it? "We" elected Obama? :dts::dts::dts:

[/quote]

"We," as in the American public - not sure why that confuses you. I'm sure Ridgerunner didn't vote for Obama, but "we" did elect Obama.

It looks as though you’ve discovered the answer to overcrowding in jails. “Who wants to walk out of jail today? Apologize, and you’re free!”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.