Consecrate your family to the Sacred Heart of the Lord - what happens afterwards?

I consecrated my family to the Sacred Heart of the Lord. I don't really feel any different :p

Why do this and what power does it have?

I do know that when Pope JP II consecrated Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart (at Lady of Fatima's request), Russia turned away from communism and the Berlin wall fell shortly after.

So what can happen when "I" consecrate my family to the Sacred Heart of the Lord?

sacredheartdevotion.com/enthronement.htm

I guess I should ellaborate...my husband doesn't believe in Jesus as his saviour (he's a cradle unpracticing Catholic), so how would it bring my husband back into the faith? I did it on my own with my children in the room while my husband was outside working on our garden.

I have to admit though, that our house has been extremely peaceful since I did it.

[quote="Serap, post:1, topic:203264"]
I consecrated my family to the Sacred Heart of the Lord. I don't really feel any different :p

Why do this and what power does it have?

I do know that when Pope JP II consecrated Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart (at Lady of Fatima's request), Russia turned away from communism and the Berlin wall fell shortly after.

So what can happen when "I" consecrate my family to the Sacred Heart of the Lord?

sacredheartdevotion.com/enthronement.htm

[/quote]

Hang in there, Serap! :)

Every soul has a price. Some souls are cheap; some are expensive. We just need to persevere in our prayer. And offer up penance, sacrifice, etc., too.

The late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen said that he was hearing confessions one Saturday night and a young woman came in. She said she wasn't really there to go to Confession, but just wanted to "kill a little time." He asked her how much time she'd like to kill, and she said, "Oh, about five minutes." He asked, "Are you afraid?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Well, if you allow me to move this little curtain aside, and turn the light on and look at you, I might be able to make your confession for you." She said, "What are you? Some kinda wise guy?" He said, "No, but I might be able to help you." So, she let him look at her. He immediately said, "You are a prostitute." She said, "Yes! But that's not all." He tried for 15 minutes to get her to tell him the rest, but she wouldn't. She ran out into the night. He said every penitent that came in after her, he gave them as penance to say a 'Rosary for the conversion of a great sinner." After hearing confessions, he went and knelt before the Blessed Sacrament and prayed for her. 9:00, 10:00, 11:00. About midnight, he heard the door to the cathedral open and thought it might be the police coming to see why the lights were still on. It was the young woman, in tears, coming to finish he confession. He said the price had been paid for her conversion.

St. Monica prayed for St. Augustine for 30 years before he straightened up.

So, we never know how long it takes. We just need to hang in there and keep praying. Pray the Rosary, also. And I would recommend you consecrate yourself, also, to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. You can do so here:

rosary-center.org/consecrt.htm

God bless! :)

Oh, before I forget. If you think he would be interested, I have a lot of .mp3 files with good Catholic talks on them at the following website:

alabamacatholicresources.com

There are a couple of really good conversion stories.

One is by Fr. John Corapi:

alabamacatholicresources.com/Downloads/Fr_John_Corapi_Conversion.mp3

The other is by Fr. Donald Calloway:

alabamacatholicresources.com/Downloads/Donald_Calloway_Conversion.mp3
:)

[quote="Scoobyshme, post:3, topic:203264"]
The late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen said that he was hearing confessions one Saturday night and a young woman came in. She said she wasn't really there to go to Confession, but just wanted to "kill a little time." He asked her how much time she'd like to kill, and she said, "Oh, about five minutes." He asked, "Are you afraid?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Well, if you allow me to move this little curtain aside, and turn the light on and look at you, I might be able to make your confession for you." She said, "What are you? Some kinda wise guy?" He said, "No, but I might be able to help you." So, she let him look at her. He immediately said, "You are a prostitute." She said, "Yes! But that's not all." He tried for 15 minutes to get her to tell him the rest, but she wouldn't. She ran out into the night. He said every penitent that came in after her, he gave them as penance to say a 'Rosary for the conversion of a great sinner." After hearing confessions, he went and knelt before the Blessed Sacrament and prayed for her. 9:00, 10:00, 11:00. About midnight, he heard the door to the cathedral open and thought it might be the police coming to see why the lights were still on. It was the young woman, in tears, coming to finish he confession. He said the price had been paid for her conversion.

[/quote]

That is a great story! And a really good reminder for all of us.

Also, thanks for the links!

I would also like to do this but don't understand what it means and how it is done.
Can anyone help with a link or something like that?
Thank you!!

[quote="Serap, post:2, topic:203264"]
I guess I should ellaborate...my husband doesn't believe in Jesus as his saviour (he's a cradle unpracticing Catholic), so how would it bring my husband back into the faith? I did it on my own with my children in the room while my husband was outside working on our garden.

I have to admit though, that our house has been extremely peaceful since I did it.

[/quote]

Serap,

I don't know the answer to your question but I would like to know where you got the prayers for consecrating your home to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I think you know that my husband does not go to any church. I do pray for him all time as well as my two grown boys. I started to offer up my suffering and give up some things I love for them also since Scoobyshme posted the same story to me. I think that when I give up things that I love for Jesus and my family it is helping me too. Thank you Scooby!

I am glad to hear that you are experiencing peace in your house. God bless!! You are in my prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.