Consecration at the same time?

Hi everyone,

I´ve had a look through the forums but can´t find any post on this - perhaps there is one already.

Anyway, I was at Mass last Sunday here in Spain and the Priest offered the bread and wine at the same time rather than individually saying something like, "Blessed are you Lord God of all creation for this bread AND WINE that we offer". Sorry I´ve lived in Spain a long time and can´t remember the exact English words...

Is this allowed? I´ve actually seen it a couple of times here in Spain and it´s always struck me as slightly strange...

Many thanks!

That’s pretty strange :confused: but it shouldn’t affect the validity, as long as he consecrated the two species individually. As to whether or not it’s licit, it could be something allowed by the local bishop, though that seems a bit unlikely…

[quote="Coemgenus_O, post:2, topic:307033"]
That's pretty strange :confused: but it shouldn't affect the validity, as long as he consecrated the two species individually. As to whether or not it's licit, it could be something allowed by the local bishop, though that seems a bit unlikely...

[/quote]

Yes, definitely very strange! I think he may have consecrated the bread and wine at the same time too..any idea whether this would affect the validity? They did some other strange things at that Mass too such as clapping during the hymn during Holy Communion and having random background music etc. but obviously the biggest concern was the consecration.

What you are describing is the priest offering both bread and wine at the same time during the Offertory. That is not the Consecration. It is, however, very wrong, since it negates about 6,000 years of the rite of sacrifice! It is required that the bread and the wine be offered separately. I have only seen this done by one priest (many times, but only by the same priest). When a parishioner asked him why he did it, his response was - to save time!! About 20 seconds!!!

Why on earth do some priests seem to find it impossible to obey the Church? Why can they not simply say the black and do the red, without making up rubbish to do?

[quote="Joan_M, post:4, topic:307033"]
What you are describing is the priest offering both bread and wine at the same time during the Offertory. That is not the Consecration. It is, however, very wrong, since it negates about 6,000 years of the rite of sacrifice! It is required that the bread and the wine be offered separately. I have only seen this done by one priest (many times, but only by the same priest). When a parishioner asked him why he did it, his response was - to save time!! About 20 seconds?????!!

Why on earth do some priests seem to find it impossible to obey the Church? Why can they not simply say the black and do the red, without making up rubbish to do?

[/quote]

I was describing the offertory in my first message yes. I´m with you regarding the Mass. I don´t really understand why I´ve seen the priests do this it really makes no sense...

A local priest does this all the time.

What irks me more is that he skips the whole bit starting with “Lord Jesus Christ you said to your apostles, Peace i leave you…” Skipping straight to “let us offer each other a sign of peace”. It irks me particularly because in my view, in terms of the phrases and words, that part is one of the most beautiful parts of the mass.

So, in other words, he skips the mandatory part to get to the optional part. :mad:

Sad to learn of this desecration.

D?CH V? QU?NG CÁO, DANG TIN, RAO V?T UY TÍN - GIÁ R? NH?T VI?T NAM

ChÃo b?n.
B?n lÃ
m?t công ty ? B?n có Website riêng ? B?n có v? trÃ* m?t du?ng r?t thu?n ti?n giao thông ? b?n có d?ch v? r?t t?t v?i gi? c? h?p lý ?
Nhung v?n Ãt ngu?i bi?t d?n b?n ? V?y ph?i lÃ*m sao d? nhi?u ngu?i bi?t d?n b?n ? lÃ*m sao d? dông khách hÃ*ng ?
B?n dã lÃ*m h?t cách r?i mÃ
v?n Ãt khách hÃ*ng, còn cách nÃ*o tang khách hÃ*ng n?a không ?
Ti?n thuê m?t b?ng c?a b?n r?t cao, ngoÃ*i ra còn r?t nhi?u th? ti?n n?a d? duy trì doanh nghi?p c?a b?n: ti?n luong nhân viên, di?n, nu?c, n?i th?t, các lo?i chi phÃ
phát sinh,.

V?y t?i sao b?n không b? 1 s? ti?n ch? tuong duong v?i luong 1 nhân viên trong công ty d? chúng tôi s?:
+ Qu?ng cáo c?c m?nh cho công ty c?a b?n, s? ngu?i truy c?p Website c?a b?n tang v?t, lu?ng khách hÃng s? gia tang, t? dó t?o doanh thu tang thêm thu nh?p cho b?n.
+ Qu?ng cáo su?t ngÃ*y dêm, tang kh? nang tìm ki?m website c?a b?n trên google.com. Dua qu?ng cáo c?a b?n lên trang 1 ? Google trong m?t th?i gian dÃ*i.
+ LÃ*m tang doanh thu c?a công ty lên g?p nhi?u l?n so v?i chi phÃ
qu?ng cáo c?a chúng tôi.

D?i v?i m?i gói d?ch v?, chúng tôi d?u th?c hi?n d?y d? m?i ch?c nang cho quý khách hÃng:
1. Báo cáo tr?c tuy?n
2. Cham sóc tin hÃ*ng ngÃ*y
3. Ch?nh s?a n?i dung tin cho quý khách
4. Thay d?i n?i dung n?u quý khách yêu c?u r?i dang l?i.
5. Chèn Links website vÃ
hình ?nh vÃ*o tin dang
6. SEO T?i uu hóa t? khóa c?n nh?n
7. LÃ*m m?i tin, tang lu?t xem (Áp d?ng v?i các gói Vip)

C? th? giá c?c r?: dang 1 tin lên 100-200 di?n dÃ*n giá ch? 50.000 VND, lên 200-300 di?n dÃ*n giá ch? 75.000 VND, lên 300-500 di?n dÃ*n giá ch? 100.000 VND, lên > 500 di?n dÃ*n giá ch? 120.000 VND. Dang cÃ*ng nhi?u tin giá c?ng r?.

Liên h?: Mr vu 0922952095

phan mem dang tin ,ph?n m?m dang tin ,phan mem seo , ph?n m?m seo
nhung cau noi hay

Uy tÃ*n - Ch?t lu?ng - Nhi?t tình - Giá r? nh?t

desecration by the poster?

its the relating of the person pointing out the flaw of the Priest in the Mass ol parishiner, and the ol man says he never noticed, he was too busy praying to the Glory of God for the Priest saying mass and for the ol man himself to be able to attend mass, he hadnt noticed...

To say anything bad or point out the flaw of a Priest, who is only of human nature and of Gods free will to do wrong as anybody else, is a terrible sin.. to point this out on this site, is, Gossip of others, a faulting finding which is a sin, to which you have commited a mortal sin...
If you approached the Priest, in a loving and caring way, and privately pointed out the issue, recognized it, then you have full filled your obligation to admonish the sinner, to which be carefull, for if you judge others, then you will be held to the same high standards.

Fault finding of others is a terrible sin, of a Priest is huge.
AS Catholics, we welcome others to fault find US , for humility teachs wisdom, and we welcome to be judged, but that we not judge others, but that we recognize we are to in a loving and caring way admonish the sinner.

huge difference between fault finding others, and our obligation to admonish the sinner a moral obligation..

There is a visiting priest at my parish who does the same thing every time he offers Mass.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.