Consecration to Jesus through Mary

This coming Saturday I will have complete the preparation to Consecration and will be consecrating myself to Our Lady

I want to get the most possible out of my Consecration to our Blessed Mother and I want to know what it is a need to do during the day of my Consecration and afterwards. Also when do I put on my reminder of my consecration? The day of or after?

Thank you for your answers!

I find that the “Hail Holy Queen” makes me feel very at ease and able to concentrate on Mary before and after all dedication to her.

wonderful!! :smiley:

I want to get the most possible out of my Consecration to our Blessed Mother and I want to know what it is a need to do during the day of my Consecration and afterwards. Also when do I put on my reminder of my consecration? The day of or after?

Thank you for your answers!

do you mean the chain? you can put it on the day of…

try to devote to whole day to Mary. Maybe light a candle, say the Rosary, just spend it with her and Jesus. When you say the Consecration prayer, try to surrender everything into her hands. (to Jesus through her). Read some of True Devotion…

as for afterwards, well try to do everything ‘in, with, through, and for’ Mary :slight_smile: and it really helps to pray the Little Crown of Mary every morning, the way De Montfort suggests:
catholictradition.org/Two-Hearts/crown.htm

it also helps to re-read the book once in a while.

God bless :slight_smile:

Here are some articles you may find helpful: ewtn.com/library/Montfort/HANDBOOK.HTM.

I find the Little Crown of Mary and the daily recitation of the Rosary very helpful. Also, I would suggest purchasing a copy of God Alone, which includes all of Montfort’s writings (except for some of his hymns) and slowly digesting his spirituality. Make sure that as you do so you consult the articles posted above, as they help to put his teaching within its proper context.

May Mary, Seat of Wisdom, guide you in your journey! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.