Consecration to Our Lady of the Rosary

Can I consecrated myself to Mary or is there a specific way to do it?

1 Like

You can consecrate yourself to Mary very simply by stating it in a prayer, and keeping up some devotions to Mary, like the Rosary, or by doing one of the longer journeys to consecration. No doubt people will post details on this thread.

2 Likes

The 33 Days to Morning Glory is a lovely Consecration

2 Likes

Yes I looked into it, I plan on performing that consecration.

1 Like

our-lady-of-mt-carmel-icon-906
Get yourself a brown scapular and have a priest enroll you in it. Nothing says “Queen of the most Holy Rosary, I consecrate my entire life to your and Jesus’ heart” quite like wearing the brown scapular all day everyday.

Just as she promised not only Saint Simon Stock, but the whole world, of you happen to die while wearing this habit, you will not know the eternal fires of hell. Your priest should have some lying around his office somewhere. If not, you can always buy them online from the Carmelites themselves. Make sure to get the 100% wool ones, as it is the only non-metal material authorized by the Church.

1 Like

I recently bound myself to the Immaculate Heart. I’m not sure if that counts as consecration or not.

It’s the same thing. Now live your life knowing that you have a mother in heaven who is also a queen that loves and cares for you. Just like your IRL mother do what she tells you to do and obey Jesus Christ.

And get a brown scapular and enroll to always have a constant reminder

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.