Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

In the past year, we have heard a lot about countries/dioceses/parishes etc…being consecrated to Immaculate Heart of Mary. I understand that Mary in Fatima told us that God the Father wants mankind to be devoted to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and I assume all these consecrations done is part of obeying the Fatima message.

My question is

1. How do individuals consecrate themselves to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?
    A part of it I understand can be by means of saying a daily consecration prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

2.Can religious orders be consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary? If so how can that be done?

St. Louis de Montfort’s “True Devotion to Mary” is a good starting point.

33 Days to Morning Glory: A Do-it-Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Marian Consecration” came out a few years ago and is very well-regarded.

St. Maximilian Kolbe had a nine-day preparation for consecration. There are various websites like this one or this one that have set out different prayers for different days.

Generally, you try to align the end date with a major Marian feast day, and then calculate your start date accordingly, depending on how much of a preparation period your consecration requires. The time is divided into various periods, with various emphases. And then after the consecration, there’s usually a prayer or series of prayers that you renew on a daily basis.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.