Conservative, traditional parishes, for children In Canada?

Are there any conservative, traditional, parishes, towns in Canada ?
If so, what part of Canada?
Are there a lot of children in town ? Is it a family oriented type of town?
Can you please describe the town, and if you have lived in the US, can you compare it
to a particular town in the US, to get an idea.
If you have pictures, that would great as well.
Thank you.

We have an FSSP Latin Mass community here in Calgary - is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

Calgary has a lot in common with Denver.

Thank you so much!:thumbsup:
I love the FSSP & the Latin Mass!

I am Canadian and I don’t know of any such towns. I grew up in Quebec, the french province. I now live in Ontario, an English province. Traditioanlly, Quebec was found by French and was very Cahotlic. But all that changed way before I was born. No one in Ontario beleives me when I say Quebec has totally rejected the church. After all, CM is from Quebec and she goes to church. (as if a whole province listens to me !!!)

Ok, I know I did not answer your questions

Sorry

CM

I second this. I suppose we aren’t allowed to name specific parishes, but it wouldn’t be hard to find online. I knew a few families in this Latin Mass community and they are very traditional and conservative and wonderful :slight_smile:

I wonder about Newfoundland. I know a high percentage of the population is Catholic.

I have a friend who grew up in an English part of Montreal, and she said her whole community and neighbourhood all went to the same church and school and it was amazing. This was in the early 80’s. She wishes she could have something like that for her children.

[quote="jmcrae, post:2, topic:185266"]
We have an FSSP Latin Mass community here in Calgary - is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

Calgary has a lot in common with Denver.

[/quote]

Thank you all for the wonderful replies.:thumbsup:

I read somewhere that the Bishop wanted to cancel the Latin Mass during the outbreak of Swine Flu. Is this true? If so, for how long ?

Can you all explain a bit about this?

Thank you!
Peace.

Hi CM!

I am so sorry you feel this way:o But, unfortunately, I know the feeling all too well…

How about a Latin Mass community? Have you looked into that in your area?
If you know anything about it, can you please share if it is even available.
Thank you for your help!
Hang in there, keep praying!
Thank you for your post.
Peace
Megan:)

[quote="Sina, post:6, topic:185266"]
I wonder about Newfoundland. I know a high percentage of the population is Catholic.

[/quote]

If our parish is any example, we have a population of about 1500 (atypically, we are about 20% of the population -- other NFLD towns & villages have a much higher percentage of Catholics) and in many cases the only people who go to church other than at Christmas are the people who founded this parish. Their children (who grew up with Catholic schools) and their grandchildren (who haven't known Catholic schools) are rarely seen except when the parents think it's time for them to be 'done', ie receive Baptism, Confirmation and First Communion.

When I go back to my hometown in New Brunswick I find the church almost empty and the most of those who are there are over 50. I don't know if that is because the demographics in my village have drastically changed since in the last couple of decades (we used to be about 90% Catholic) or if folks have just stopped going to church or even if it's due to the fact that we no longer have our own priest and people might be opting to go to Mass in the town where Mass is on Sunday rather than in our village church where the only Mass is on Saturday evening.

[quote="Sina, post:5, topic:185266"]
I second this. I suppose we aren't allowed to name specific parishes, but it wouldn't be hard to find online. I knew a few families in this Latin Mass community and they are very traditional and conservative and wonderful :)

[/quote]

Hi Sina:

Thank you so much!:thumbsup:
That sounds nice.
I have noticed that some of these Latin Mass Communities seem to be pretty active.:)
If you can think of anything else, please let me know.
Peace!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.