Considering leaving Church. prayers for help

I am considering leaving the Church. Please pray for me.

I did leave the Church for almost a year.
[size=3]If your leaving for negative reasons you will find them [size=3]in any church.
[size=3]I will be praying for you and all the warts the Catholic Church has that
[size=3]make it so [size=3]unappealing to soul[size=3]s like u[size=3]s at times.
[size=3]Pray and be at peace.

[size=3]Nazgul.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[/size]

I will pray for you. Please don’t leave. No where will you find the healing and forgiveness found in the Church and the sacraments.

Praying for you…

Go where God leads you!

Ouch!

To the original poster…please ignore that comment. That was very hurtful and doesn’t represent the rest of us here!

I will reply to the OP in a separate post!

Perhaps you just need to change parishes and get a new perspective. But please don’t leave-we need you.

May I ask why you are considering leaving the Church? It might help guide my prayers.

Mary.

So sorry to hear that you’re at such a point. If you’re considering leaving due to bad experiences with fellow Catholics, please don’t. That’s giving them too much power over you. Don’t let anyone keep you from Christ’s Church. Pray for those who have hurt you- remember Jesus said to pray for our enemies- and pray for an abundance of wisdom, fortitude and prudence to know how to deal with them.

If you’re considering leaving because you’re confused about a dogma or discipline, or something of that nature, please don’t. Instead, pray that God will increase your understanding and look for answers, especially here. I’ve found that when I get confused on a Church teaching, all it takes is asking a good priest or reading a good book to get me back on track.

Pax Christi

These feelings have happened to a lot of Catholics, but leaving will only make things worse. If it is the Parish or the Priest, find another one! If it is a teaching or dogma of the Church, ask an Apologist on here, or ask your questions here. We are all willing to help in times of doubt and trouble. Praying for you.:signofcross:

Hi invisiblewitnes,

I don’t mean to pry, but would you like to share why you want to leave?

Perhaps we can help you through whatever the situation is?

As others mentioned, it may help to know why you are considering leaving.

Other than that I will pray for you. Many others have found there is nothing you can find outside the RCC that you can’t find within it if you look. (This from a non-Roman Catholic).

Peace.

:gopray:

I have to wonder why, though I don’t expect that you should have to tell me. I can only speculate that you have been hurt in some way and that you find no hope of reconciling that issue through the Church. Have you talked to your Priest, or someone in the Archdiocese about this? It might help.

I will pray that you find the healing you need to remain with the Church. May God grant you His peace no matter the problem so you can discern what you need to do. Praying.

Your request was to pray for you because you’re considering leaving the Church (Catholic, I assume), I’ll do that as soon as I finish posting. My request to you is to let me know if you find something better, I’m not talking one that will make you feel alive because eventually that dies wherever you go, I’m talking about a church where there is a promise that it will survive until the end of times and have proof of it. Remember that the Church started with a lot of people been killed and even so, 1980 years later, it still alive. Be patient and trust in the Lord.

Don’t. Your Friend.

Well, I left the Church for over 10 years, probably a combination of factors, and one that was sort of the last one. I went from church to church, religion to religion, shopping for one where I would fit in.

Now, I go not where they have the best social hour but where they teach the truth. I’ve seen some who will go to any church which claims to worship God! Now, some of those teach one doctrine, others, the exact opposite. These can’t both be right. One’s right, and the other is not or both are wrong!

We believe the Catholic Church contains the fullness of truth. Well, some people reject it because of the pope. Yet, when I examine scripture, I see where Christ was resurrected and saying all authority in heaven and earth had been given to him. He then turned to Simon, whom he had renamed Peter “the Rock” on which Christ intended to build his Church. Christ said that not even the gates of hell would prevail against it.

Three times, Christ asked Peter, and him alone, to shepherd his Church. Peter was always listed first of the apostles, spoke for them. Christ told Peter, that later, he would need to go back and strengthen his bretheren. Peter performed the first miracle of the apostles, and revealed how the gentiles would also be included.

Christ gave special authority, exclusive, to Peter. the keys to the kingdom, to open and shut, that what he held bound on earth would be bound in heaven. What he loosed on earth would be loosed in heaven. Eliakim was also given the key of the house of David. Keys signify authority.

The apostles, likewise, were given authority…to forgive sin, something the others didn’t have. Christ breathed on them, and them alone, and told them to receive the Holy Spirit, that what they forgave would be forgiven, what they retained would be retained. Yet, some today say we don’t need priests for the sacraments, to confess to God, that we don’t need the Church, to go it alone, to interpret scripture however we feel like. Yet, why would Christ have bothered to give them authority to forgive sin this if he had intended on keeping the previous tradition of confessing directly to God and this, rendered “unnecessary”?

We see again and again in the Bible how these special representatives, St. Paul, etc. were in the ministry of reconciliation. John the Baptist also said to confess sins aloud. There are references to this. The early Christians confessed sin aloud. Where possible, they confessed to the apostles, who had authority to forgive sin, where others off the street did not.

Christ sent them out saying whomever rejected them, rejected Christ. Whomever rejected Christ, rejected the one who sent him.

Peter, and the apostles, held what is now called “offices”. When Judas commited suicide, Matthew replaced him. When Peter was martyred, he was likewise replaced so that in Christ’s absence, the Church would always have leadership, direction.

To me, the Catholic Church is the original. Other churches who have leaders, have their own “pope” but just don’t call it that. To others who have no leader, this can even be problematic, because in times of question, there is no one to turn to with authority to answer.

Now, since this time, numerous churches have determined to replace the pope with their own man-made leaders and policies, rejecting papal and Church authority, trying to go out and establish their own churches. The pope has divine authority to act, but I question by whose authority these 35,000 other Christian denominations are acting. Christ said he would establish his “Church” not “churches”.

The other churches, unless in communion with Rome, are in schism, outside the Church.

When we leave the true Church, we excommunicate ourselves from the Church and the sacraments, which are our own means of salvation, and adopt heretical views.

It’s hard being Catholic. It’s often easier being something else. I left the Church, but it’s now something I’ve since come to regret and can never undo.

To me, when we reject the pope, priests, true Church, we reject Christ. When we reject Christ, we reject the one who sent him.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :angel1:

Please don’t leave! :frowning:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying for you. We are all here to help each other grow in faith. God bless you and yours.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for this person!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.