Considering Move

I’m not going to go into too many details, but long story short, the people in my org at my company are being offered a chance to move across the country with a greater relocation package than usual. It’s completely optional, though.

Anyways, it kind of makes sense on a personal level. The new area would be much more affordable, will be a short flight away from family, and will be a much better place to think about starting my own family. It’s also in the general area I was hoping would offer some positions.

On the flip side, it doesn’t make a lot of sense from a career standpoint and may not offer as much job security as staying where I am. Needless to say, being in the main region for the company and near all the core teams has its perks.

Really, just looking for discernment if I should take this offer or stay where I am for now and maybe wait for another opportunity.

4 Likes

I think it sounds like a good move actually. Affordable area, closer to family. Closer to potential “other jobs,” should you decide to change the company you work for.

May God offer you insight to discern the best solution for you.

2 Likes

I’m praying for you. May the Lord guide you to where He wants you to be.

2 Likes

“Amen”
Lord please hear our prayers

1 Like

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph:

Joseph, by the work of your hands

and the sweat of your brow,

you supported Jesus and Mary,

and had the Son of God as your fellow worker.

Teach me to work as you did,

with patience and perseverance, for God and

for those whom God has given me to support.

Teach me to see in my fellow workers

the Christ who desires to be in them,

that I may always be charitable and forbearing

towards all.

Grant me to look upon work

with the eyes of faith,

so that I shall recognize in it

my share in God’s own creative activity

and in Christ’s work of our redemption,

and so take pride in it.

When it is pleasant and productive,

remind me to give thanks to God for it.

And when it is burdensome,

teach me to offer it to God,

in reparation for my sins

and the sins of the world.

Amen.

Praying the Spirit leads your decision and gives you the peace to accept it.

Actually, I’m in the best place for changing companies. All of the major players in the industry are here, and that brings in many more companies hoping to poach talent. That’s one of the perks I alluded to about staying near the company’s headquarters.

As I arise today,
may the strength of God pilot me,
the power of God uphold me,
the wisdom of God guide me.
May the eye of God look before me, the ear of God hear me,
the word of God speak for me.
May the hand of God protect me,
the way of God lie before me,
the shield of God defend me,
the host of God save me.
Amen. :pray:

~ St. Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.