Consistory to Create New Cardinals!

Announced today, it will be held on 24 Nov 2012. This is the 2nd consistory to create new cardinals this year.

The new Cardinals are to be:

• Archbishop James Michael Harvey, Prefect of the Prefecture of the Papal Household
  • Patriarch Béchara Boutros Raï, O.M.M., Patriarch of Antiochia {Antioch} (Maronite), Lebanon
  • Major Archbishop Baselios Cleemis (Isaac) Thottunkal, Major Archbishop of Trivandrum (Syro-Malankarese), India
  • Archbishop John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja, Nigeria
  • Archbishop Jesús Rubén Salazar Gómez, Archbishop of Bogotá, Colombia
  • Archbishop Luis Antonio Gokim Tagle, Archbishop of Manila, Philippines

links to bios, etc.

Hooray! :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1204483.htm

Here is another article. So, what do we know about these men? Any thoughts?

Peace,

Archbishop Luis Tagle was once called “a rising star in the Asian Church”. The odd thing is, he has two television shows! :eek:

I personally love Tagle. He is a first-class orator and there is something very affable about him. He did this speech ar a Eucharistic Congress once that left nearly the whole audience in tears because of the emotion radiating from him. That’s quite a special talent, I think.

At only 55, he will now become the youngest cardinal in the world. Well done to him!

Here’s from our side of the World…

Archbishop Luis Antonio Gokim Tagle

His Talk at 49th Eucharistic Congress in Quebec, Canada

Actually, it would be Archbishop Baselios Cleemis Thottunkal, 53, head of the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church. :slight_smile:

Oops :blush: Just checked and you are right. Make that 2nd youngest Cardinal then. The media reports are all saying that he is now the youngest. Where did they get that from? This makes me think that they haven’t done any research on the other new cardinals.

So we have two men in their early fifties, brilliant!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.