Contacting SSPX priest

Too funny!

The SSPX are probably not in a position to help you become a Catholic. They can instruct you, but you will probably be baptized or received by a different priest who is authorized by the bishop. It may be easier for you if you go to an ordinary parish for instruction.

2 Likes

I went through the RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) program two years ago when I was considering becoming Catholic. I believe classes in most parishes begin in September, so you’d be right on time if it’s something you’re willing to consider. You’re under no obligation to enter the church after RCIA, so you can just go for information and discern throughout the process if it’s the right choice for you. Also, it let’s you interact with fellow parishioners outside the setting of the mass and enjoy good fellowship with other seekers.

My wife just converted to Catholicism in 2018/19 and our Priest was the one running RCIA every week. Our Parish is really large too, but he just likes to be hands on.

1 Like

Not exactly sure where you get your interpretation of how the “SSPX” prays differently for the Pope than the rest of the church. As one of those folks, I pray the for Pope in the first prayer of the Canon of the Mass, which is how I prayed for the Pope in 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991,2001, and today.

1 Like

I had seen them previously

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.