Continued prayers for my DAD

Thank you all for the prayers for my dad! Last week when I requested prayers for my dad, the doctors had just told us that Dad would never be strong enough or well enough to be removed from the ventilator and that it was “just a matter of time” basically since his body is too weak and tired to continue. In the week since that conversation, my Dad has made improvements by leaps & bounds (so it seems to us) He went from mostly sleeping and lying in bed doing virtually nothing for himself (no personal care, couldn’t even really sit up in bed - they would help him up for about 5 minutes at a time, hadn’t walked or talked (he’s got a tracheostomy) for almost 2 months)

This week has seen him doing physical therapy exercises for his arms & legs almost continually - at HIS request, the therapists got him up on his FEET for the first time this week and last but not least - he called my Mom this morning and using a cap on his trach actually was able to produce sound and tell her “I LOVE YOU”. I have to tell you my Mom wept tears of joy this morning!!! We thought we would never hear my dad speak again in this lifetime! (A “talking trach” is a very small tube and one of the last stages of “weaning” a person off the ventilator!)

Now with that background - I most humbly request prayers for my Dad’s continued improvement. The Lord has answered our family’s prayers that Dad be able to talk to us again! Now we are praying that he is able to build his strength and be able to live without the ventilator. Although his improvements are phenomenal and he is motivated to get well, he is still facing many, many challenges. Every day he survives is a blessing to us, his family! Thank you in advance for any prayers you are able to offer up! I have been praising God for his grace and mercy!

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Thank you for your post. I am weeping with joy and praising God. I am praying for your father’s continued health and healing. God bless.

Dear Lord, I pray to You that you care for Kristina’s father with the love so generous and pure that you possess. Help him grow strong in body and spirit and grant him grace to keep courageous in his illness. Please grant that he be able to breathe independent of a ventilator soon and regain his regular speech when your time for him to speak well comes. Grant him peace and abandonment to your most perfect will and let him know deeply that you are in complete charge over him and want to see him happy with his family. If it is your will that his body suffers at this time for his sanctification, let him not lose any graces at all by granting him the graces to bear it all with abandonment to your most loving will. Grant that he may bear his sufferings patiently and with love for You, his heavenly Father who wants only what is best for him - now and always. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Praise God!
Prayng for his continued recovery.

I would appreciate any prayers for my Mom who seems to have given up. She is 80 years old and has been in the hospital for 10 weeks. She refuses to eat or drink and just lays there without moving. I have already given my ok for a feeding tube but I do believe she is in her last days. In your charity I ask for your prayers for her recovery if it is Gods will. Thank You, Mike

Holding you all in my prayers :gopray2:

I will offer my weekend Masses in praise and thanksgiveing to God for the recovery your Dad has made, and in prayer for his continued recovery, and for blessing of your family.

God bless you,
Trishie

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.