Continuing church of god beliefs and teachings

So my 16y became really deeply involve with ccog or they are also called restored church of god without my knowledge. Everything she learns was through the internet. Now she’s very anti catholic from baptism to Mary. She said Mary is not in heaven and we shouldn’t pray to her because she’s still sleeping and only Jesus second coming will she be raised up in heaven. They also do not celebrate anything except passovers. And they said they are the true church of god according rev 3:7. She’s a smart girl and she seems to know her stuff does anyone know about this group and anything I can do to rebut their teachings from not eating pork shrimp mushroom because it’s against what the bible teaches. If anyone have info about them please advice. I’d really appreciate it. Thanks

[LIST]
*]Richard Green Spurling is the founder of the COG. Look him up
*]The CCOG claims cogwriter.com/brief.htm :rolleyes: they’re just one more protestant sect out of 30,000 sects all claiming to be bonafide. They are all 100% manmade, products of their protestant roots from the 16th century revolt and following. They can’t run from that.
[/LIST]The CCOG trys to hyjack history. Those Churches they mention are all Catholic. Open this link #[FONT=Arial]34 and all the internal links.[/FONT]

If you want to read more about the Catholic Church in those locations

Jesus said “I will build my Church” Matthew 16:18 , that’s the Catholic Church. That’s His Church with ALL His promises. That’s His bride. And He is 100% true to His bride. And you can see that with the links provided in [FONT=Arial]#[FONT=Arial]34[/FONT]
[/FONT]

For further assistance with your daughter,

have her consider the following passage. Have her think about this passage from all directions. In Jesus mind, He tells us how perfect, perfect unity is to be.

" [20] And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me; [21] That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. [22] And the glory which thou hast given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, as we also are one: [23] I in them, and thou in me; that they may be made perfect in one: and the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast also loved me. John 17:20-23

Ask your daughter

[LIST]
*]Do you see ANY possibility for division from the Catholic Church here? No
*]Does Jesus pray this prayer for perfect unity, then go against that and cause division on steroids which is protestantism ? No
*]How about the HS. Where does the HS get His teaching from? It’s Jesus John 16:12-15 [FONT=Calibri]So does the HS inspire anyone to divide Jesus Church? No[/FONT]
[/LIST][FONT=Calibri]This should get the ball rolling. [/FONT]

Thank you so much Steve. Can you define HS? Don’t know what that is (:

Holy Spirit

With respect to food, I would suggest your daughter read what Jesus had to say on the subject in Mark 7:14-23. Bottom line: “Thus he declared all foods clean.” (Mark 7:19)

I recently skimmed a few articles by these guys. They appear to have done some pretty impressive research on the Church Fathers, though they obviously fed it through a stinted filter and leave out choice parts of the work of the Catholic apologists they cite. They also rely on spotty background knowledge, like a heavy reliance on the belief that Paul wrote Hebrews (which modern scholarship and church fathers alike dispute).
And as with all Protestant denominations, they fail the Bible Canon test.

After raising two boys i can say there are far worse things a 16year old could be “experimenting” with. There is little sense in arguing with her.

1. Prayer
  2. Prayer especially St Monica
  3. Only ask questions. Ones that create constructive
    discussion
  4. Discuss the points you share and pray together
  5. There is such a thing as invincable ignorance that allows her to find her way back in her own time.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.