Controversial Piece on Display Now

myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2818040&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1 :mad:

Needless to say, not something Catholics will find impressive.

It is amazing how impoverished art is today.

Not only that, but how superficial many people take the political stances of some of the presidential candidates. To elevate anyone running for president to the same level as Christ is an indication that the artist or anyone who gives credence to this notion that the artist is trying to portray is simply a lack of deep understanding of Christianity.

I think the artist is trying to get at that Obama is seen as a figure who people think will “save” our country. That being said, I think he chose a very tasteless way to convey that message. I get so tired of people misusing Christian iconology. The people who do art pieces like this are obviously secular, so why not go to the secular world for their fodder?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.