Controversy erupts over Campus Republicans bake sale plans

:popcorn:

"Controversy erupts over Campus Republicans bake sale plans

(CNN) – Campus Republicans at the University of California Berkeley have cooked up a storm of controversy with their plans for a bake sale.

But it’s not your everyday collegiate fundraiser they’ve got in mind. They’ve developed a sliding scale where the price of the cookie or brownie depends on your gender and the color of your skin.

During the sale, scheduled for Tuesday, baked goods will be sold to white men for $2.00, Asian men for $1.50, Latino men for $1.00, black men for $0.75 and Native American men for $0.25. All women will get $0.25 off those prices."…

Source link: cnn.com/2011/09/25/us/california-racial-bake-sale/index.html

HAHAHAHAHAHA, liberals and progressives get so freakin bent out of shape when the reality of their stupid policies stares them in the face.

Controversy? This is affirmative action at work here, nobody can complain about equal access to a cookie now.

Creative to say the least… Agree or disagree, I think they have accomplished their goal of bringing the controversial policy to the forefront.

I commend these young people. It is high time that someone illustrates in a concrete way the absurdity of the Liberal mindset, and if this doesn’t do the trick, nothing will.

Then, when they have a vast majority of women and minorities buying cupcakes…they can proudly proclaim to have the most “diverse” bake sale in campus history, and get a plaque! :slight_smile:

The bake sale may have a conservative slant to it, but I can see a liberal student organization having the exact same bake sale and use its quirkiness to highlight income disparities among minorities and women. That is actually the effect it will probably have.

I saw an interview with a student who is upset with the bank sale. Her problem with that was that it would make women and minorities feel “uncomfortable” . I think that is an indication of a larger problem with our society nowadays-the idea that everyone has a right to never feel “uncomfortable”.

I suspect what will happen is the campus Democrats will come and seize 90% of the cupcakes and redistribute them to people who don’t have enough cupcakes.

:rotfl:

Soooo, they feel uncomfortable by being given preferable treatment in a bake sale, but have no problems being given preferable treatment in every other part of life that matters?

They will only seize the white male’s cupcakes though, because it is the white male dominance of society for the last several hundred years that caused them to have an unfair access to cupcakes. White men have been enjoying cupcakes at the expense of everyone else for too long, so its time that they loose their special cupcake status.

:thumbsup:

:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Close enough, but to be true to life, the redistributionists would seize 90% of the cupcakes, devour 50% of them themselves, redistribute the remainder, order the Repub club to make some more for the “program” in the name of “stimulating the campus economy”.

They are not devoured. They are consumed as part of the expense of enforcing the regulatory process.

A loss of 50% of the gross is acceptable to ensure the remaining 40% is equitably distributed to the 50% of the population that has been exploited and been unfairly excluded from the cupcake process.

As a liberal, I’m not against this at all. Any time a bunch of conservatives want to get together and demonstrate that they don’t understand public policies, I’m a happy guy.

Me too. Anytime a bunch of conservatives want to get together to point out this absurdity and pointlessness of public “equality” policies, I’m all for it.

What don’t they understand?

What surprised me is I didn’t think there were any Republicans at UC Berkley. :smiley:

The libs attempts to shut them down have clearly failed.

See? QED. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.