Conventual Franciscan Fathers?

Not too far from me is a Catholic Church whose Priests are “Conventual Franciscan Fathers”. I was unable to find out, from Google, just exactly who they were, aside from the fact that they have worked as Priests in several churches. I assume they are in full communion with The Pope?:confused:

Yes. They are one of the 3 primary branches of Franciscans:
[LIST]
*]OFM Order of Friars Minor
*]OFM Cap Order of Friars Minor Capuchin
*]OFM Conv Order of Friars Minor Conventual
[/LIST]

tee
Raised in the wild by Capuchins

If you want more information about the Conventual Franciscan Friars or Friars of the Order of Friars Minor Conventual you can visit their international web site www.ofmconv.org . For more specific info in English on the Conventual Franciscan Friars (Friars is the more generic term for both Priests and Brothers of the Order) click here. Although the O.F.M.Conv. General Curia or Headquarters is in Rome, the friars also staff the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi in Assisi: www.sanfrancescoassisi.org. The North American O.F.M.Conv. Provinces also have a site at www.franciscans.org with much information on the history and work of the friars.

Marytown in Libertyville, IL is also a Conventual Franciscan friary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.