"Conversations with God" & "A Course in Miracles"

Does anyone have any knowledge about the books, “A Course in Miracles” and “Converstions with God” :confused:? Are they considered to be New Age :confused:?

Blessings,
Shannin (Pennsylvania)

Does anyone have any knowledge about the books, “A Course in Miracles” and “Converstions with God” ? Are they considered to be New Age ?

Yes.

I remember reading about A Course in Miracles a few years ago before I was Catholic. I don’t know of any Catholic material on it, but here is a link from an evangelical site:

equip.org/free/DC720.htm

Here is their info on Conversations with God:

equip.org/free/DC675.htm

Here is an article by a convert to Catholicism:
catholicexchange.com/vm/index.asp?art_id=24149

Thanks so much Amanda Catherine. I have a friend that is an ex-Catholic, now New Age. She mentions God a lot, and she also mentions reincarnation. She feels that there is no evil person and that we are all basically good and that we reincarnated until we reach the level of God.

The article was very informative and I will pray for her.

Blessings,
Shannin

You’re welcome!

It is a really dangerous trend in our society today. I got interested in these topics because I grew up with a Christian form of the new thought stuff, the Word-Faith teaching by people like Kenneth Copeland. It is really sad that people are so drawn to this kind of thing. I have a relative who considers herself (Protestant) Christian who comes up with all sorts of strange stuff. Now she is excited about Dan Brown’s book. :bigyikes:

Amanda

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.