Conversion of Russia is imminent. Fatima devotees pray and sacrifice hard. See the news articles. It could happen very soon. The new springtime and long period of peace will follow in a while. Perhaps very good times are ahead

My dear friends

In my opinion we just need open acceptance and complete tolerance of the catholic church in Russia for the conversion. This is very close. Spread the message to offer prayers and sacrifices to our lady of Fatima most urgently.

God bless all and may the Sweet Lady of Fatima fulfill her promises:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Religion[/FONT]

Pope to receive Russian Orthodox archbishop on Friday
© REUTERS/ Tony Gentile

Related News
[LIST]
*]‘Pope cried tears of joy over my son’ - Lukashenko
*]Pope Benedict XVI undergoes operation on broken wrist
*]Pope Benedict XVI hospitalized with broken wrist
[/LIST]21:2616/09/2009
[FONT=Times New Roman]Multimedia[/FONT]

[LIST]
*]Video:
[/LIST]Pope ‘condom’ row rages on
[LIST]
*]Video:
[/LIST]’‘Crucified frog’’ angers pope
[LIST]
*]Video:
[/LIST]Pope sails in Sydney, hails apology
MOSCOW, September 16 (RIA Novosti) - Pope Benedict XVI will receive a senior Russian Orthodox Church official at his countryside residence on Friday, Vatican Radio reported Wednesday.
Archbishop Hilarion of Volokolamsk, who heads the Moscow Patriarchate’s External Church Relations Department, arrived in Rome on Tuesday on the invitation of Walter Kasper, the head of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity. His visit will end September 20.
Council Secretary Brian Farrell said the visit testified to continuously good relations between the Council and the Department, which was led by Metropolitan Kirill before he was enthroned as patriarch in February.
As a result of the Great Schism, Christianity split in 1054 AD into the Eastern branch (the Orthodox Church) and the Western branch (the Roman Catholic Church). They have a number of theological and political differences.
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said in July that Moscow planned to improve ties with the Vatican, which have been strained in recent years over claims the Catholic Church was trying to convert believers and spread its influence in former Soviet states following the collapse of the U.S.S.R.
The late Patriarch Alexy II refused to meet with then Pope John Paul II, and said outstanding disputes needed to be resolved before any meeting could go ahead with the current Catholic Church leader, Benedict XVI.
When Alexy II died in December at the age of 79, the enthronement of Russia’s new church leader Patriarch Kirill, who was seen as a liberal in the largely traditionalist church, was welcomed by the Vatican.
As head of the Russian Orthodox Church’s external relations for more than a decade, Kirill had led dialogue with the Vatican and other churches.

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]News Briefs [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Moscow archbishop sees union with Russian Orthodox Church within grasp[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]September 15, 2009[/FONT]

Moscow’s Catholic archbishop has offered an extremely optimistic perspective on ecumenical affairs, saying that union between the Holy See and the Russian Orthodox Church could be attained “within a few months.” Speaking to the Italian daily Corriere della Sera, Archbishop Paolo Pezzi said that he saw “no formal obstacles” to such a union, and the goal “has never been so close.”

Source(s): [FONT=Verdana]these links will take you to other sites, in a new window.[/FONT]
** continued -

continued-

[LIST]
*])National Catholic Register
[/LIST]**· ****Is Catholic-Orthodox Unity in Sight? **

·Posted by [/FONT]
·Monday, September 14, 2009 11:10 AM
· · The Pope with then-Metropolitan Kirill in December 2007. (CNS/Reuters)
· The Catholic Archbishop of Moscow has given a remarkably upbeat assessment of relations with the Orthodox Church, saying unity between Catholics and Orthodox could be achieved “within a few months.”
· In an interview today in Italy’s Corriere della Sera newspaper, Archbishop Paolo Pezzi said the miracle of reunification “is possible, indeed it has never been so close.” The archbishop added that Catholic-Orthodox reunification, the end of the historic schism that has divided them for a millennium, and spiritual communion between the two churches “could happen soon, also within a few months.”
· “Basically we were united for a thousand years,” Archbishop Pezzi said. “Then for another thousand we were divided. Now the path to rapprochement is at its peak, and the third millennium of the Church could begin as a sign of unity.” He said there were “no formal obstacles” but that “everything depends on a real desire for communion.”
· On the part of the Catholic Church, he added, “the desire is very much alive.”
· Archbishop Pezzi, 49, whose proper title is Metropolitan Archbishop of the Mother of God Archdiocese in Moscow, said that now there are “no real obstacles” on the path towards full communion and reunification. On issues of modernity, Catholics and Orthodox Christians feel the same way, he said: “Nothing separates us on bioethics, the family, and the protection of life.”
· Also on matters of doctrine, the two churches are essentially in agreement. “There remains the question of papal primacy,” Archbishop Pezzi acknowledged, “and this will be a concern at the next meeting of the Catholic-Orthodox Commission. But to me, it doesn’t seem impossible to reach an agreement.”
· Prospects for union with the Orthodox have increased markedly in recent years with the election of Pope Benedict XVI, whose work as a theologian in greatly admired in Orthodox circles. Benedict is also without the burden of the difficult political history between Poland and Russia, which hindered Polish Pope John Paul II from making as much progress as he would have liked regarding Catholic-Orthodox unity.
· Relations have also been greatly helped by the election of Patriarch Kirill I earlier this year as leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, which is by far the largest of the national churches in the Orthodox Church. As the former head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external relations, Kirill met Benedict on several occasions before and after he became Pope, and the Russian Orthodox Patriarch is well acquainted with the Roman Curia and with Catholicism.

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son’s Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

(Novena)

Dear Nick

Thank you for your prayer. Its been nearly 100 years we’ve been waiting for this. Great things will happen after this, Divine Mercy is going to be unleashed next year I think. Good times ahead.

God bless you and Holy Mother Mary keep you:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Don’t raise false hope, but have hope in Christ Jesus.

Dear Nick

Don’t you lack hope. Next year Divine Mercy Sunday is on my patron saints feast day and my birthday. I think it’s going to be a great birhday and celebration that will only get better. April 11 will be a great celebration that will go on dear Nick. There is no falsity in me Nick.

God bless you dear friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

If you think by “conversion of Russia,” she will become an officially Roman Catholic country, it’s not going to happen.

My dear friend

What I think does not matter. But if I speculate there may be a deal that pleases Russians. We will join but the Russians will maintain much of what they have. We have 21 odd Eastern Catholic Churches. There are many rites in the catholic church, not all are Roman Catholics I just want us all to be as united as possible to try and fix this crazy world. I don’t think Russia will become Roman.

God bless you dea friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

I really hope so. It would save me a lot of searching.

If this is true then this is wonderful news! :thumbsup:

There are only three questions I have:

Is this the Conversion of Russia that the Blessed Mother said would happen if Russia were consecrated?

Has Russia been properly consecrated in the first place?

If this is indeed the right conversion (the one our Blessed Mother meant) and the period of peace follows, then could this mean that the Iraq and Afghanastan war could finish by next year at this time??

Let’s keep praying guys! Perhaps something good is coming!! :slight_smile:

Let’s not lose hope and faith!

God Bless

I am crying tears of joy reading this. Imagine the happiness in heaven, how much we would please our Lord if we reunited His Church!!

My dear friend

This is the conversion spoken of ny our Lady. The consecration was effective. There will be general peace but there can never be total perfect peace according to PJP11 -I believe.

God bless you dear friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Obviously, there are some people here who have NO IDEA how things work in Orthodoxy.

And the people of Russia were deeply devoted to the Theotokos ever since the baptism of this country in 988.

I pray with all my heart this may come to pass. It will be deep in my prayers. Praise God, and may His will be forever and most perfectly done in Russia and the restoration of total unity in the Church through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, in the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ our Lord.

I will pray and pray. God be praised; may His will in this matter at last be done.

This writer, whose comment is at the end here, has a good point, There are two ways of looking at such unity. Simply as the Orthodox and Catholics becoming united again, or as the conversion of the Orthodox to the Catholic Church. If it is going to happen, it will be the according to the first mode. What would it matter what is called? Why not just the Church? If there is such a unity, it would be the same Church in any case. I am a staunch Catholic, but if it would help unity, it would be fine with me if such a united Church were called the Orthodox Church. Though of course some Catholics would not accept this either. The word the Catholic Church was not a proper noun referring to the Church at the beginning anyways, but developed into use as a human choice.

I agree that the name of the Church is not the problem. The doctrines are what matter. St. Cyprian said around 250 AD that the Church should be called the “Catholic Church,” and Ignatius of Antioch at the turn of the first century called it this. The Orthodox don’t dispute the name. They call themselves, often, the “Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church,” or the “Catholic Apostolic Orthodox Church,” including the word “Catholic” in their title, in view of the ancient tradition of this usage. The word “Catholic” means “universal” and the word “Orthodox” means “right way”. Both have an ancient origin. The Catholic Church is Orthodox and the Orthodox Church is Catholic- or nearly so. May we be blessed indeed with the perfection of union!

Pray three “Hail Mary’s” daily so that the Holy See (Pope) will properly consecrate Russia to the Virgin Mary’s Immaculate Heart. :slight_smile:

This was said to me by an e-mail correspondent who is a Russian Orthodox priest:

<< In the person of Archbp Hilarion Russia has declared that it will fight this understanding of global primacy "uncompromisingly. >>

Abp. Hilarion is the Orthodox prelate that has been sent to see the Pope.

The way I see it they would both be the same, the ‘Orthodox’ must convert to the Catholic Faith, leaving behind their heresies. If their heirarchy convert also then I don’t see why they couldn’t keep the same batch of bishops.

I don’t think the name matters really, as Lief Erikson pointed out, it’s been called the Catholic Church sinse at least St. Ignatius of Antioch. Also, I think we could call the Catholic Church the Orthodox Church because we are the only ones with the orthodox Faith (only that it would cause confusion with the schismatic churches).

Hence the need for the consecration of Russia.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.