Conversion of Souls Dear to Me and Return of a Loved One

Many of my friends, and aquaintences and some family are are far off from the true Faith, some protestant, some non-practicing, others lukewarm and the like. I love them and am pained at the thought of losing them eternity. I shudder at the thought of them perishing in agony forever.

On top of this, one of these that I have mentioned is a beloved ex-girlfriend who I still hope God will rescue from the worldliness she has fallen into. I know it's a stretch but I pray especially for her. We were together for six years, engaged, but the relationship was not chaste even though we often attended Mass together. I miss her deeply but she wants nothing to do with me. I pray first and foremost for her full conversion, and secondly that if it pleases the Lord, that she return to me full of faith and love of the Lord. I also pray in the mean time to see her again soon, and that she be willing to be a part of my life again. My heart is still rent whenever I think of her both disdaining me and ignoring her Christian duties. If it is not the Lord's Will, I ask that He help me to move on. But because of the love I have for her soul, I will never cease to pray for her conversion. Please, brothers and sisters, these intentions are SO important to me. Please pray for them. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Praying for your friends and those who are lost …

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You

You understand that the Church teaches that people aren't 'lost' just because they're not Catholics?

"Catechism of the Catholic Church" Imprimi Potest. Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (Pope Benedict)

"Those who through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience--those too may achieve eternal salvation"
My friend, take courage in these words from the Dogmatic Constitution of the Catholic,

LUMEN GENTIUM, solemnly promulgated by his holiness Pope Paul v1 on November 21,

1. The Church recognizes that in many ways she is linked with those who, being baptized, are honored with the name of Christian, though they do not profess the faith in its entirety or do not preserve unity of communion with the successor of Peter. (14*) For there are many who honor Sacred Scripture, taking it as a norm of belief and a pattern of life, and who show a sincere zeal. They lovingly believe in God the Father Almighty and in Christ, the Son of God and Saviour. (15*) They are consecrated by baptism, in which they are united with Christ. They also recognize and accept other sacraments within their own Churches or ecclesiastical communities. Many of them rejoice in the episcopate, celebrate the Holy Eucharist and cultivate devotion toward the Virgin Mother of God.(16*) They also share with us in prayer and other spiritual benefits.

Likewise we can say that in some real way they are joined with us in the Holy Spirit, for to them too He gives His gifts and graces whereby He is operative among them with His sanctifying power. Some indeed He has strengthened to the extent of the shedding of their blood. In all of Christ's disciples the Spirit arouses the desire to be peacefully united, in the manner determined by Christ, as one flock under one shepherd, and He prompts them to pursue this end. (17*) Mother Church never ceases to pray, hope and work that this may come about. She exhorts her children to purification and renewal so that the sign of Christ may shine more brightly over the face of the earth.

The prophets intercede with God for their people

Our God, I emulate Moses and Abraham in praying for my dear ones, for the Church, for priests, and for numerous others throughout the world, whether or not followers of Jesus or members of His Church.

This temporal world obscures the spiritual world, thus many good people sincerely do not believe in You. Life is complex and challenging, as the people of Abraham and Moses knew. They turned aside from a God who seemed unresponsive to some of their genuine needs for security and progress. A natural human response is to move away from pain of hope in God and religion. The Jews desired a manageable, tangible God, as even do some of Your modern followers.

When You sent Moses back to the people, determined to bring Your wrath against them for displacing their God and Rescuer with a statue, Moses argued with You to spare them. Moses, scripture tells us, was ‘the humblest man on earth’, yet he won in the argument for mercy, and Your wrath therefore did not come against his people. They remained the chosen people of God.

Like Moses and Abraham, I humbly bargain for the eternal happiness of my dear ones, and of all benevolent unbelievers. In their sincere choices to be considerate in the relationships and events of their lives, they effectively choose to stand with the sheep at the last judgement—that yardstick by which Jesus, Your beloved Son, measures charity. I plead the judgement story of Jesus for my dear ones and for all unbelievers who offer kindness to others.

Bless and flood them with Your love, goodness and truth. Bring them to love and worship You. Let them merit a final judgement with the ‘good sheep’. Transform them into the image of Christ, following His path. Restore anyone whom they have wounded or failed. Grant that they live the Gospel in love and forgiveness.

[FONT=Verdana]Thank You for the beauty and goodness in the lives of my dear ones and of all persons. Thank You for the love and service they give others and therefore Yourself, even where they are unconscious of this union in Your love[/FONT]

On this Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception we pray…

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

Father all Merciful,
let those who hear and hear again
yet never understand,
hear Your Voice this time and
understand that it is You,
the Holy of Holies;
open the eyes of those who see and see,
yet never perceive,
to see with their eyes this time
Your Holy Face and Your Glory,
place Your Finger on their heart
so that their heart may open
and understand Your Faithfulness,
I pray and ask you all these
things Righteous Father,
so that all the nations be converted and be
healed through the Wounds of Your Beloved Son,
Jesus Christ; Amen

Thank you brothers and sisters. I have one more request to add. I have done some reflecting on my life, I have been out of high school for 8 years, and barely done a thing with my life. I suffer from the vice of sloth. I have made very poor financial choices. I'm terrified of hard work and I ask your intercession. I realize that I am possibly a scandal to those around me because of this vice. On top of that, I give little reason for Chrissy to come back to me if I cannot support a family. I need to find more work, have the motivation to do better at my current job, and have the drive to complete college. If anyone is willing say a small Novena for my intentions,(if you have time), I would very much appreciate it. Thank you all again.

Rraying for you.

When tomorrow comes, why don't you see your local priest and have a chat about your difficulties. He is sure to have lots of answers that you cannot see in your state of despair.

Good luck & God Bless
Annie

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy.

Lord Jesus, please pour Your Grace in abundance on those who do not follow You as they should! Break our hearts of stone, Lord.

I’ll offer a novena in my next nine Masses.
May God give you new life and hope, and blessed companionship.

I pray for the salvation of your ex-girlfriend and of all your fallen-away friends from the life of Faith. May they come to live chaste, holy lives of prayer and divine worship, and lives of service of the Lord, faithful to the Gospel teachings. May your girlfriend find Christ and share her love of Him with you and become your girlfriend again, if it is God’s will for you both. May you never despair over your friends’ separation from the Church, but ever pray for them that they be converted and repent of any faithlessness on their part. May they all die in union with our Lord’s body by the bond of baptism or baptism of desire. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Prayer for Faith
Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my
feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to
Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.