Converting to Catholicism - Great Falls, Montana

Hello,

I’ve been thinking about this for about a year and a half. I’ve decided in my heart that I wish to convert to Catholicism. Currently, I’m in Great Falls, MT. If anyone knows anybody personally in the area that may be a good resource to reach out to, I would love it if they could connect me to them. Please and thank you!

The best resource is going to be your local Catholic parish. Here’s the link from masstimes.org for Great Falls. Call the parish and they’ll be happy to talk with you about your journey. Prayers and best wishes.

https://masstimes.org/map?lat=47.5052849&lng=-111.3007715&SearchQueryTerm=Great%20Falls,%20MT,%20USA

Sorry, don’t know anyone out there. BUT, I just wanted to say a word of encouragement. I am a recent convert and it was the best thing I ever did in my life. Changed everything and I could never go back. it’s a long journey that takes a life time and it’s full of ups and downs. Good luck God will find a way for you to come into His church.

I tried that at first, but it brings (literally) every Catholic organization up. I’m just looking for a church with a priest.

Very strange. When I click that link I get a listing of parishes in Great Falls:

• St. Ann
  • Our Lady of Lourdes
  • Corpus Christi
  • Holy Family
  • Holy Spirit
    followed by parishes outside the city itself.

Each listing includes the parish address, phone number, and a link to their website.

I tried the same link and got several Catholic Churches. I looked at the first two and it appears those two each have a priest. Can you be a little more specific on what you are looking for. We love to help, especially converts.

Hmm, not difficult. Just google for the closest Catholic church. And call to arrange a meeting with the pastor.

I know you are very well meaning with this advice. But for someone considering converting, the concept of calling and meeting with a priest may be far too intimidating. It was for me and I probably wouldn’t have made the call if I was told it was the way to get to RICA. Now of course I wouldn’t be, but back then…

I would suggest calling the parish office and asking about the process of joining the church, about enrolling in RCIA.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.