Convince me the RCC is the True Church

Hi all,

The title may be a little misleading so allow me to explain myself.

I've been going through a rough time spirtually where I have felt very empty inside and just low on faith. Well, this must be getting to me. There are times where I feel tempted away from the Church and towards Protestantism. Now the thing is, I know the Church is right. Yet I am still drawn away. It is a very confusing and depressing situation. :( :(

It is just overall depressing. I am also beginning to think I am scrupulous.

You're take?

Thank you,
coolduude

A comparison between Jesus Christ and His Mystical Body. They are one and cannot be separated.
What happened to the One also happens to the other.

Jesus Christ persecuted..................................His Mystical Body, the Catholic Church persecuted...
They rebelled against His Authority......................They rebel against its Authority. 2Peter 2:10
They said Crucify Him.........................................They have tried to destroy it for 2000 years.
He is called Beelzebub..........................................It is run by Satan. Matthew 10:25.
He is a false messiah............................................It is a false church. Luke 22:70-71
He called Himself the Son of GOD.......................It claims it was founded by GOD, Matthew 16:18.
He called Himself Truth.......................................It claims to be infallible, 1Timothy 3:15.
He called Himself King........................................It says it is the only true Church, Matthew 16:18.
He could not sin...................................................It has no spot or wrinkle, Ephesians 5:27.
He was not be believed by many...........................It is not believed by many. Luke 22:67
He was denied by many........................................It is denied by many. Luke 22:57-60
Not understanding Him, they walked away...........Not understanding it, they walk away. John 6:66
He had false accusers...........................................It has false accusers. Mark 14:56-59
He was mocked....................................................It is mocked. Luke 23:35-37
He was scandalized..............................................It is scandalized. Luke 17:1-2
He was hated without a cause...............................It is hated without a cause. John 15:18-25
His accuser, Judas, died.......................................Its accusers die, but still, the Church lives on.
His enemies would stumble and fall......................Its enemies stumble and fall. John 18:6
We have no king but Caesar.................................We have no need of it, as we have the Bible.
Can anything good come out of Nazareth?............Can anything good come from Rome? John 1:46
They cried out, "Not this one but Barabbas".........It is also rejected by the world. John 15:18-25
He bore His Cross................................................It bears a cross also, the cross of persecution.
He died on the Cross............................................It has thousands of martyrs, many on crosses.

1970 years later, He lives, stronger than ever........1970 years later, it lives, stronger than ever.

However, no matter how hard the persecutors try...
His Kingdom will last forever, Daniel 7:14, Hebrews 1:8.
His Church will last until the end of the world as promised by Him in Matthew 28:20.
"BEHOLD, I HAVE GIVEN YOU POWER TO TREAD UPON SERPENTS AND SCORPIONS, AND OVER ALL THE MIGHT OF THE ENEMY; AND NOTHING SHALL HURT YOU."
Luke 10:19

"Do not be a stumbling block to Jews and Greeks AND TO THE CHURCH OF GOD"
1Corinthians 10:32
Anyone who persecutes the Catholic Church has made himself/herself a stumbling block to the Church of GOD. It is a clear violation of Holy Scripture.

"For I am the least of the Apostles, and I AM NOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED AN APOSTLE, BECAUSE I PERSECUTED THE CHURCH OF GOD." 1Corinthians 15:9

"Do not be surprised, brethren, IF THE WORLD HATES YOU." 1John 3:13

"IF THE WORLD HATES YOU, KNOW THAT IT HATED ME BEFORE YOU.
IF YOU WERE OF THE WORLD, THE WORLD WOULD LOVE ITS OWN. BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT OF THE WORLD, BUT I HAVE CHOSEN YOU OUT OF THE WORLD, THEREFORE THE WORLD HATES YOU.
REMEMBER THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU: NO SERVANT IS GREATER THAN HIS MASTER. IF THEY HAVE PERSECUTED ME, THEY WILL PERSECUTE YOU ALSO; IF THEY HAVE KEPT MY WORD, THEY WILL KEEP YOURS ALSO.
BUT ALL OF THESE THINGS THEY WILL DO TO YOU FOR MY NAME'S SAKE, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW HIM WHO SENT ME.
IF I HAD NOT COME AND SPOKEN TO THEM, THEY WOULD HAVE NO SIN. BUT NOW THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR THEIR SIN. HE WHO HATES ME HATES MY FATHER ALSO. IF I HAD NOT DONE AMONG THEM WORKS SUCH AS NO ONE ELSE HAS DONE, THEY WOULD HAVE NO SIN. BUT NOW THEY HAVE SEEN, AND HAVE HATED BOTH ME AND MY FATHER;
BUT THAT THE WORD WRITTEN IN THEIR LAW MAY BE FULFILLED, 'THEY HAVE HATED ME WITHOUT CAUSE', (Psalms 35:19)".
John 15:18-25
I would say that Jesus Christ said it all in these verses written with the inspired pen of Saint John wouldn't you?

Name another Church which is attacked so much on a daily basis as is the Catholic Church?
Jesus Christ warned us, "You will be HATED BY ALL NATIONS for My Name's sake."
Matthew 24:9

"Blessed are you when men reproach you, and persecute you, and speaking falsely, say all manner of evil against you, for My sake. REJOICE AND EXULT, BECAUSE YOUR REWARD IS GREAT IN HEAVEN; for so did they persecute the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

jesus4me.webs.com/proudtobecatholic.htm

Dear Friend in Christ,

At any cost do not leave Catholic Church its the true church. If you want to know more about Catholic Church in my personal webs I have proved my catholic faith for all.

here is the link please explore in Articles Blog section, type the keyword in search you will be happy to find scriptural faith for catholics.
jesus4me.webs.com/proudtobecatholic.htm

sdtouchton.webs.com/

Your post reminds me of myself when I look at my friends who send their kids to regular schools and think, "Man, it sure would be nice just to be a mom instead of teacher too." That line of thinking (and seasonal depression that I didn't realize I was experiencing) led me to put my kids into a regular school a few years ago. Yeah, I had more time, but it complicated our lives a whole lot more. After a year we pulled them all back out and went back to homeschooling.

Protestantism might look appealing right now, as most things do when we're not familiar with them. But without the Eucharist, they lack power and depth, regardless of the dynamism of their preachers.

Right now there could be a variety of reasons why you're dragging with your faith. Yes, it could be scruples. In that case, you probably need to look for a good spiritual director who can help you discern this and give you guidance on what to do.

It's wintertime in Chicago--are you getting 15 minutes of sunlight everyday? I know it sounds corny, but I live in North Dakota--I know! And you must be outside for it. Modern windows have UV protection in them--you need those UV rays.

Adoration would be the next thing. Building a relationship takes time no matter if the other one is human or Divine. If you're feeling dry, consider that this may be a time of testing from the Lord. Will you remain faithful even when consolation is taken from you? The saints all experienced this. It is a tool used by God to help you love Him for His own sake and not just His blessings and consolations.

On that note, if you have time, check out the Miles Christi website for their next Ignatian retreat in your area. If you can' take that kind of time, get Fr. Hardon's book on the Spiritual Exercises and do them yourself at home. Find his books at Eternal Life on the web.

You don't sound to me as one in danger of losing your faith. You sound in need of encouragement in the dry desert in which you find yourself. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going. Times of refreshment will come again. They will be all the sweeter for this dry time you've endured.

And remember the guidance of St. Ignatius, continue to do in time of desolation what you determined to do in times of consolation.

I'll pray for you,
Tracy

Brother (sister) you are not alone but in a very deep place.
Many have been there and if you read the writings of St Terese of Avila or St therese of Liscern then you will know that they both as many do have that “dry” dark place of uncertainty, doubt, Look at Jesus in the temptation, Jobe losing all, Abraham in offering his only son. Very dark places of uncertainty.
BUT but …when they all came out of this and it could take forever, there is much MUCH glory for God if you “be still and know God is god”.
Patients, perceverance, love of God, give it over to God.
Peace,
Godbless
littleone

a most helpful prayer for me in times of difficulty-"Lord, I do believe, Help me in my unbelief"
meditation on the rosary, Frequent reception of the sacraments. And a little time before the Blessed Sacrament.

I keep you in my prayers

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.