"cooking" the books

Let’s hear it. What passages, or books or parts of the bible are spurious at best?
Or have the least amount of backing.

Huh :confused:

God bless

Well, what I am asking is what parts of the narrative are the least reliable. I know there are many passages that were written in side margins, some included in the texts you have now, some not.

Which have the least backing in general, and all that good stuff.

Here is a Catholic bible scholar’s blog, which researches the historicity of the Scriptures: singinginthereign.blogspot.com

Thank you for the link. I will go to bed and try to forget about those negative thoughts, and read that link in a few hours.

I guess I was shaken up by an email I got after telling someone about my going to mass now.

I think that’s why I really was bothered about the information today. I knew about this topic before, but I never really thought it was a big deal before.

Now, I just want to get this off my plate, and move on.:o

So impatient lately.:blush: And, that is not an admirable thing.

Tomorrow is another day. I hope I will be much more positive in mind in a few hours.:slight_smile:

May your angel guard you tonight :slight_smile:

I know there are many passages that were written in side margins, some included in the texts you have now, some not.

Can you give us one of these “many passages” you know of, StrawberryJam?

There are about half a dozen different endings to Mark’s Gospel. It appears probable that the original ending was lost very early on and that what we have now are different attempts to fill in the (obvious) missing piece.

rossum

I believe, generally speaking, there have been very few interpolations which have crept into the Scriptures and none of which have any significant bearing on doctrine or important matters of faith.

Rove

Just grab a copy of Peterson’s “The Message” It’s all terribly messed up. But if you read a Bible then you will not find any that are “spurious at best”

I made this for you, Jam :smiley: It’s nothing special, just something silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

farm3.static.flickr.com/2560/3765006893_02e976f546_o.jpg

That’s cute.

Come back soon friend.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.