Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/cop-arrests-on-duty-firefighter-over-parking-feud-150128011.html

Also:

cnn.com/2014/02/06/us/california-firefighter-detained/

That cop should never wear a badge again. If the victim that the firefighter was treating had died as a result of this then he should be up on murder charges.

That cop was mad that he stood in the wrong line and didn’t get on the fire dept. He obviously didn’t know that the first fire engine on the scene has full authority and is in command.

I’m sure the fire chief and the CHP commander had an interesting chat about this.:smiley: Followed by a chat between officer and his commander.:mad:

Cops should have to wear camera or something the entire time they’re on duty, and have the footage be streamed to their website so the taxpayers can know exactly what they’re paying for.

Lets try not to be anti-police officer.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Exactly because it can help protect good officers from frivolous lawsuits.

I have friends who are police officers. What I am is anti-stupid people.

Let’s look at everything on a case by case basis. Some police officers are real heroes, while some should be terminated and in some cases sent to prison. The rest fall somewhere in between. I think the policeman in this case should be fired.

So far, only one side has been explained. I think we should probably wait for the full story before saying the officer should be fired. It may end up being he was enforcing a poorly written policy or one that needs to be updated. From the one sentence I did hear him speak, this is what it appears to be, but again, I do not see any reason to call for him to be fired.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.